“Brilliant interior, ok food”
Review of Planet Hollywood

Planet Hollywood
Reserve with OpenTable
Planet Hollywood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,457 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant interior, ok food”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We ate at the Planet Hollywood in Times Square as we got a 10% discount with our NY passes. The restaurant was so busy, we queued up the stairs for about 40 minutes, and had to wait quite a long time once we were seated to be served. The food was ok, just the usual greasy burgers, but the portions were huge so we definitely didn't leave hungry. The interior was very cool, lots of old movie memorabilia and loads to look at and keep you interested while you wait. We were waiting a long time for everything, the service was very slow. But it was completely packed out so there's nothing they can really do about that. Overall it was a good experience but we wouldn't go back.

• Visited November 2011

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hampshire
“A tourist trap, nothing special”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Being tourists, we were unsure where to eat on our first night in the Big Apple, so we settled on this place as it’s located in the heart of Times Square. The restaurant is inviting enough and very vibrant inside. There’s ton's of movie props and costumes to check out, both in the foyer area and the restaurant itself (some of which do look very tired & battered though!) You can also have your photo taken as you enter in exchange for a small fee. Very gimmicky, but a nice souvenir to take home nonetheless.

As with most tourist traps in New York, we were greeted by a very friendly chap, who was full of smiles & banter, who explained how everything worked and his 'recommendation' of the day (which we ignored as it every expensive!). After looking through the very extensive menu, we ordered two starters (ribs) & our mains. As I recall, I had a steak and my partner had a chicken burger. Obviously, the portions were huge. However I found the food very bland & forgetful. It wasn't bad as such, just 'Ok'. The coleslaw was great though!

I'm glad I went, but you can find better food elsewhere in New York, for half the price. I would urge anyone reading this to take a stroll down one of the busy side streets and find yourself a little diner (there’s 100's in New York), as your sure to find one that offers far better food & value. The truth of the matter is, Planet Hollywood is a tourist trap & you’re paying for the name.

• Visited October 2011
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing ambiance”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

You need to be hungry if you eat her, the portions are huge, I had ribs and I thought the plate they came on was to share, oh no they were all mine, the place is full of film memorabilia, original stuff, they do the tourist photo thing on entry but that wasn't too dear, loved the experiance, something you must do even if it's only the once.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank RuralRovers
new york city
“Just love it”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

An amazing staff and delicious salmon, visited the one in times square but my last visit was in niagara falls. just love it!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“WINGED CREATURE IN THE FOOD - never go here”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I went to this restaurant about a bit ago and as I have only started reviewing I wanted to review this place.

I went with a friend to this restaurant on my last night on holiday to New York, the whole interior looked great. I got through my meal which was average and on dessert chose the cheescake and having a bit of the cream I SPAT OUT SOMETHING which looked to be a LARGE WINGED CREATURE. I was in disbelief told a staff member who looked at it and took it away. I complained to the manager who told me it was a fruit fly, although this was more than the size of a dot, he explained he would take the dessert off the bill. Then a few minutes later came back to admit it was bigger than a fruit fly and tried to explain how the creature could get into. I would have excepted his apology if it werent for the chef behind him laughing and trying to act out how it could get there, who obviously didnt take his job seriously or care about the hygiene of his kitchen or the welfare of his customers.

To this day I am stunned about how the staff (manager and head chef) managed this situation , in Times Square would never recommend or advise anyone to go here. Very disappointed and this experience ruined my trip to New York.

I WOULD ADVISE PEOPLE AND TRAVELERS TO AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!!

• Visited September 2011