“Really good”
Review of Pomodoro Rosso

Pomodoro Rosso
Reserve with OpenTable
Pomodoro Rosso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,066 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: W 71st
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I had a wonderful time in Pomodoro Rosso, we went there with my GF on Dec 24th, the staff was really helpful and considerate. The food was really good (I had spaghetti and my GF had gnocci) and the atmosphere was amazing. I would definitively go back if I'm in NYC again.

There are newer reviews for Pomodoro Rosso

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Conveniently close to Lincoln Center, the staff is friendly and the food is delicious. We stopped in for late lunch/early dinner. Shared a caesar salad which was tasty and then I had a wonderful chicken breast with goat cheese and mushrooms in a sherry wine sauce. The vegtables served with it were nice and crisp. Also had a serving of Italian bread pudding which is dense and full of raisins served with strawberry slices and whipped cream. Reminded me of my grandmother's (even though she was Irish). Staff did not hurry us, and the service was rapid and efficient. A friend says they also have a great brunch which I intend to check out.

1  Thank Rose_S778
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stopped in early on a Saturday evening and were seated right away. After 5 it was already packed and the line was out the door. We had a cozy table, excellent service, and great italian food. They had HOMEMADE GF pasta available for Stevie and homemade gnocchi for me. They had no problem with altering my gnocchi dish from the menu to what I wanted (spicy red sauce with shrimp), and made no error in serving. Good wine list, too. The pasta was fresh and delicious, and the sauces were tasty--everything that you would want in a fine italian restaurant. At one point I turned around in my chair to look at the mural on the wall, and the maitre d was there in a second asking what I needed!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Not the best Italian I've had in the city, but pretty good! We went early Friday evening and the place was packed - looked like a combination of after-work and pre-theatre crowds. A fun, lively atmosphere, yet easy to have a conversation. Friendly service. 'Cosy' seating. Worth a visit!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

They're trying very hard for a quaint Italian vibe, and they're doing a great job. The service was attentive and friendly, and the food was absolutely terrific. I even ordered dessert even though I was already stuffed because the main course and antipasto had been so wonderful. And the dessert didn't disappoint, either!