“Best Rice Pudding Around!!!!!”
Review of Rice to Riches

Rice to Riches
Ranked #9 of 452 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nolita
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My girlfriend took me here one night after dinner and the line was huge but moved very quickly and the amount of flavors was endless. Not a huge rice pudding fan to begin with but this was unbelievable!! all kinds of flavors to choose from made it so hard for me!! All in all it definitely is a must have after a LIGHT dinner! And the place it self is super funny with quotes all over the walls and the decor is great!

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Before a trip to NY for a wedding, my OB told me I had to go get some rice pudding at Rice to Riches if we had a chance. Turned out, after a delicious dinner on Carmine Street in Greenwich Village, we were only a short walk away, and it would be right next to a subway stop on a line that goes right back to our hotel in midtown. It was easy to find. There were tons of flavors. I tried the chocolate chip flirt, cinnamon, tiramisu, and hazelnut chocolate. They were all absolutely excellent. I decided to go for the size slightly larger than a small, bc you can only get one flavor if you order small, but can get two if you go larger. I got it to go and asked for spoons, the to-go containers are adorable and reusable, and the spoons are too! Very cute. Happy pregnant lady.

1  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Our tour guide took us to Rice to Riches while doing a tour of Little Italy. As rice pudding is my favorite-I was in heaven. A place devoted to nothing but rice pudding. Who knew?? The restaurant is a lot of fun with funky all over the place and the retro-modern deco. Staff was also very friendly and generous with samples and loved the containers they serve in (encourage you to save and reuse). I had the original rice pudding and was not disappointed! Only downside is it is a bit pricey but was worth it.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Being Indian, one always have a sweet tooth and then you are told that there are couple dozen variety of rice pudding (kheer) who wouldn't be baffled. I was super excited to go there and then super confused when i reached there and saw the varieties in front of my eyes, i tasted most of the varieties there and bought 3 varieties to eat there and took 2 home.

I was there with the family. I was hungry when i reached there and left 200% satisfied. I loved this place and would definitely go back. No doubt about it.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Dozens of flavors of rice puddings and toppings??? What's not to love??? What a unique idea for an eating establishment! Located in Little Italy, the place is busy and with good reason. Delicious rice pudding, cute bowls and spoons that you get to take with you, and entertaining signs posted all over the restaurant. Genius! I look for places that are unique to an area and this one sure satisfies. They let you sample the flavors before deciding which to order. I ordered the French Toast rice pudding with a cinnamon raisin crumble topping in the "solo" size. It was a lot of rice pudding. I recommend getting the trio sampler. That way, you get to enjoy a variety! YUM!!!