“Delightful treat in NoLita”
Review of Rice to Riches

Rice to Riches
Ranked #9 of 452 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nolita
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am a New York City tour guide always on the lookout for new places to eat. Recently, I was in NoLita on Spring Street to drop some clients at America's first pizza restaurant. Across the street between Mulberry St and Mott St I noticed the distinctive façade of Rice to Riches. Cold, creamy, non-fat desserts. Let's not discuss carbs. Chilled rice pudding in exciting favors like tiramisu. I didn't take chances on my first visit: chocolate. I wasn't disappointed. 1960s sci-fi furnishings that would make Barbarella feel at home and a delicious desert as well. A small rice pudding is $7.00 and it's not small. Highly recommended. Whatever the address on the caption says, the correct address is the north side of Spring Street between Mulberry St and Mott St.

2  Thank JamesNYC212

Reviewed June 23, 2013

There was too little wrong with this establishment to bear talking about so I won't, the positives are numerous. The main attraction in this place is obviously their sole produce: Rice Pudding. Coming in a large variety of flavours and with sauces available (for extra $) you are certainly spoiled for choice. The stuff tastes great though I would recommend not going for the chocolate flavour as it overpowers the traditional rice pudding taste to which you may be accustomed (not to say that it's particularly bad just strongly different). This place is certainly unique, well styled and fashioned with great food. As for the location, this venue is perfect for a post-Lombardi's dessert as it is situated directly opposite the pizza place.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very different concept, so different that I was hesitant to try it. However, I eventually tried and I must say it is very good! I would suggest their frutier flavors as they taste more fresh and light. Give it a try!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've been going here for about 10 years now, taking friends who visit us and want to tour the city. I have to say, I don't actually like rice pudding, but this rice pudding is absolutely delicious. Very creamy, large soft rice kernels and so many scrumptious flavors. A small is very filling so don't eat much before or plan on taking it home. Doesn't matter what flavor you choose, it will be delicious. Oh and the little take home bowls they serve it in are an extra treat.

1  Thank Usatravel12
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Came on a friends suggestion and so happy i did. The caramel pudding with chocklate brownie crumble is amazing.

Do note the solo size is more then enough as a desert gor one person.