“Really great find”

Neighborhood: Chelsea
Bermuda
“Really great find”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We wanted Mexican and the hotel concierge recommended this restaurant. When we got there we weren't sure but spoke to a group of ladies going in and they assured us it had great food and they were right. Food was awesome and the staff were really friendly and accommodating. They happily prepared something simple for the kids that wasn't on the menu. I would absolutely go back to this restaurant. Margaritas were really really good.

• Visited April 2013

New York, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Drinks Need More Alcohol”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I just went to dinner here. First time I've eaten here in a LONG time. Food still excellent, though only one dish was as hot (temperature wise) as it should have been. And they have the tastiest drinks-- HOWEVER, where's the alcohol??? I had their special margarita-- the Tropical-- all sorts of fruit and really yummy, but even after the tall glass and the $13 price tag, there was no buzz. Where's the tequila, guys??? I had a second margarita, the cheaper $10 house version (plain) and STILL no buzz. This is a nice place and they should not be cheating customers on their drinks... specials or not. Also, noise level at the front where the bar is, is 20 decibels! You have to shout to be heard. No kidding. I have eaten in the back, which may be where they put you if you make reservations (we were walk-ins), but I seem to remember the noise level being pretty bad there too. All in all, I'll make reservations for a back table and go back again. PS Brunch is great and not as noisy as dinner, nor is there as much of a crush of people.

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“gourmet nouvelle mexican”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

you have never experienced a burrito like this. forget Rosa Mexicano and get a reservation here - or walk in for lunch. The food is refined, creative and unusual - - not your typical mexican and not your typical restaurant. Lunch atmosphere is quieter than dinner, when it can get a bit crowded and noisy - but the food - oh the food is worth it!

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“I love it here: GO FOR BRUNCH”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Ultimate Brunch spot. It's ALWAYS good. I've been here about 20 times for brunch and it consistently please me. If I could eat brunch there every weekend for the rest of my life I would be content.

• Visited July 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
“one of my favourite eateries in New York”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Rocking Horse Cafe is my first stop every time I come to New York. Great atmosphere, excellent Margaritas. The food is really good. Sitting at the bar is great for having lunch or dinner if you are alone. Love the Brunches on Saturday and Sunday. Going there for 10 years and had no complaint so far.

Visited December 2012