“Delicious Filet Mignon, Impeccable Service”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #420 of 14,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 6th & 7th Avenues
Transit: 49th N/R/F Rockefeller
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays “sizzling” hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in Manhattan, New York City!
Reviewed February 19, 2017

We had 8 oz filet mignon cooked to perfection. For sides, we ordered garlic mashed potatoes and a sweet potato casserole with a pecan crust that was delicious. Sangria was $16 a glass, don’t remember how much my husband’s wine was. The cheesecake was also very good.

Great place for a special occasion.

1  Thank stellina1936
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

We chose this restaurant for our last night in NYC and were not disappointed!! The ambience of the restaurant was lovely. The staff had lovely manners and were very helpful!! Then there was the food it was sublime. The steak was to die for. I'm now reluctant to order steak in the uk as I know it will never compare to what I had there!! It is on the expensive side but well worth it. Beautiful

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Our company met with vendors for dinner. Table was ready at promised time. Staff was friendly during check-in, coat check, and meal service. Food and drink was excellent, including staff recommendations. We had some product on the table and the staff joined in and was playful.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

Just amazing. We had a few options to choose for our Valentine's dinner and we end up deciding to visit Ruth's Chris. I'm so glad for our choice. I can tell you that I had the most delicious steak I had in my life. Me and my boyfriend love steakhouses and we know how to appreciate a good steak. I ordered the 16oz Rib eye and it was simply amazing. The staff was awesome and the restaurant per se is so beautiful. We were celebrating Valentine's and our anniversary and the staff made us feel special and even brought us a dessert with a candle to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary. Will definitely return and recommend to my friends. A little pricy but very worthy it.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

We ate our Christmas Dinner here and booking essential. Arrived for our 7.30 reservation and had to wait 10/15 minutes which was OK as they were very busy. Large number of staff, very well trained and our waiter Michael was very courteous and knowledgeable of the menu. The restaurant is renowned for steaks and for seafoods, best steaks we had in the US this trip and the ladies loved the seafood choices. Porterhouse steak at 94$ for two was amazing and managed to satisfy my son who is the normal 23 year old ravenous male child.....
Easily one of the best dining experiences of our trip and would highly recommend though it is fine dining and not inexpensive. Well worth it though..

1  Thank Frank196507