“Fantastic steak”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 6th & 7th Avenues
Transit: 49th N/R/F Rockefeller
Description: Sophisticated American chain serves up corn-fed USDA prime cuts and New Orleans-style appetizers and sides
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed for a week at the Michelangelo Hotel almost next door. The steak houses on this road do not have priced menu's outside and this one only displays a lunch menu so had no idea what it would cost, just knew it would be expensive and it was. $200 for 1 salad starter, porterhouse steak for 2, 2 sides, bottle of wine and tip. But it was worth it.

From the outside it never looked busy but once inside there are quite a few rooms, the place was busy and buzzing which was surprising. Service is very old school, very attentive and formal, our waiter was excellent.

The steak was amazing, perfectly cooked, perfectly served. Vegetables were cooked just right too. We don't get steak like this in England very often, I always find steak hit and miss, if it is not served straight away then all is lost. I got the impression that steak here is perfec every time. Our best meal of the trip and memorable for the quality of food and service.

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The steak is always perfectly cooked and the sides are generous so I always make sure to make a reservation here during Restaurant Week. To be honest, I would not be able to afford this restaurant otherwise and I love the fine dining experience.

1  Thank Jessica V
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I understand this place is a chain (we don't have them in the UK) but it really didn't feel like it at all - it felt luxurious and clubby.

Lovely low-lit dining room, staffed by attentive, friendly and knowledgable folk.

And most importantly, the meat they serve was impeccable and cooked perfectly to order. I had a rare Cowboy Ribeye (a ribeye on the bone) that was so juicy and flavoursome, it was amongst the best steaks I had ever eaten anywhere.

On other trips to the city I have been to both Keens and Benjamins steakhouses, and whilst the food was good, I found both slightly stuffy and very, very pricey. Manhattan's Ruth's Chris strikes the balance of offering great food, in a delightful room, at reasonable prices.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our meal here was the second best meal I have had in my life! My best meal in my life happened to be in a Ruth's Chris Steak House in Seattle Washington! :) It is expensive, but the food and experience are completely worth the treat. Completely wonderful night in New York City!

1  Thank MatavaRose
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I had the opportunity to have lunch in this fine restaurant, prior to an afternoon at the theater.
Reservations were easy, upon arrival the hostess was pleasant and showed us to our table. Soon our wait person, "Cat" arrived and greeted us. She was very polite and friendly and most of all attentive without be annoying. Our water glass was never empty. We chose the price fix lunch and the steak and shrimp with sides was outstanding. The right amount of food.
We would visit this fine eatery again, next time for dinner. The drink specials were great.
If you want a cheap lunch, walk on by, BUT, if you want a quality lunch at a fair price, then go on in.