“Great birthday celebration”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 6th & 7th Avenues
Transit: 49th N/R/F Rockefeller
Description: Sophisticated American chain serves up corn-fed USDA prime cuts and New Orleans-style appetizers and sides
New York, New York, United States
“Great birthday celebration”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great dinner, have been to Ruth's Chris before but every time I go I get steak so this time I decided to take a different route and get the Chicken dish was was probably the best chicken I have ever had. It was a small chicken well seasoned and stuffed with cheese and herbs. My wife got the filet mignonette/shrimp combo and the other couple we were with got the sea bass and a bone in filet. The ravioli veal osso bucco was out of this world and the salads came out crisp and cold and so fresh. Service was great and the restaurant was just a great venue.

• Visited December 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Back again and as good as last time”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was reminded by TA that I had reviewed this in May 2012 and here I am again. Great steaks done the same way every time, cooked and presented so well in the dish it was finished in. Even for steaks these are less than healthy with the way that they are cooked but they taste so good. My medium rare petit filet (enough for me) was just right and I don't need to go overboard with sides, a bit of mash and English mustard complement the great taste of the steak so well I don't bother with any other flavours. Yet again I started with the Shrimp Cocktail, just excellent and I stole a bit of someone else' apple pie which is huge anyway.

We had a table of 10 people and not many restaurants can cater for that number at a round table, which we specifically booked. The service was friendly and good. The food turned up in very good time and the only difficulty I had was trying to get someone to get me the bill (oops the check!).

• Visited November 2013
“Good food but service is slow”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Niño was our waiter and he was so slow that it made the meal suffer. I had to get up and find him to get another iced tea. He wasn't attentive or quick. I noticed the same with other tables. He would bring a dessert menu and come back in more than 10 mins. How long does it take to pick what sweet you want?
I don't know if it's his way or the way they're trained. There's a difference between being unobtrusive and being neglectful.
This is NYC, I want to eat and get back to enjoying the city, not sit there an extra hour bc this guy is slow.
We had then same great waiter our previous 3 times but he's not there anymore.
I doubt we will go back.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of the best Ruth's Chris around!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Visited with a party of two on 15th September 2013 for dinner.

Enjoyed simply one of the best steaks at any Ruth's Chris ever!! Cooked to perfection, the larger size fillet mignon was absolutely superb!!

Followed with the oversized and delightful, calorie laden, bread pudding which if you have eaten at Ruth's Chris before, like myself, you should be unwilling to share but will pay the price for that mistake later!!

Great service, well located, close to the hotel we were staying at. Overall excellent meal!

• Visited September 2013
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We chose Ruth Chris for our Thanksgiving meal as we were visiting San Antonio for a few days. We had heard that it was a fine restaurant and served exceptional food so we made reservations. I looked online and saw the price and then was quoted more for the RiverWalk restaurant on the phone. However, it was definitely NOT worth the price of $47 p/p! We did not even get a choice of more than one vegetable side dish. Who serves only turkey, dressing and one veggie? The food was good, however, the dessert was puny and dry and not impressive at all! I would definitely not waste your money on this restaurant. Sorry.

• Visited November 2013