“Good steak”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 6th & 7th Avenues
Transit: 49th N/R/F Rockefeller
Description: Sophisticated American chain serves up corn-fed USDA prime cuts and New Orleans-style appetizers and sides
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went to Ruth Chris before a Broadway show. It is away from the crowds but close to the Broadway theaters. The food was very good. It was restaurant week. I ordered a ribeye steak and split it with my friend. The service was good and the steak was very tasty and tender.

1  Thank Shelly S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was in the mood for some steak after a long day of work, but not your typical diner or fast food crap. I googled steakhouses and settled on Ruths Chris as i had heard good things about them. I dragged my Assistant with since it was a last minute craving and i did not want to dine alone. The place is amazing, beautiful setting, though a bit too dark for me. The smells coming from the tables around and sizzling of different proteins just makes your mouth water. I happened to come in during restaurant week which was awesome. i had the 3 course meal. Lobster bisque was a great start. I ordered the NY Strip (extra charge) with shhrimp. The steak was amazing, medium well..i nice sear outside and juicy but not bloody in the middle. A side of mushrooms and my meal was perfect. Finished off with bread pudding ans whisky sauce. If only i could end every stressful work day like this.

Shoutout to Shannon my waiter!! Awesome guy.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Without time for a proper sit down dinner, we chose Ruth's Chris for it's location (right next to the Michelangelo Hotel on 51st) and abundant Happy Hour menu. Two Martinis, two generously sized Caesar Salads and an order of Pork Sliders did the trick and for less than $45 total. Couldn't beat it! Everything was delicious and we were in and out and on our way to a Broadway show with time to spare.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great Meal a bit pricey but fantastic meal and great service! We had the Porterhouse for two and they made us sangria. It was a great experience and will go again next time we are in the city.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

By way of full disclosure this is my wife and I's favorite Steakhouse! I know there are loyalists for others and we have succumbed to the pressure and tried most of them, from Peter Luger's, to Morton's to Old San Francisco to Del Frisco's but we always come back. If we ever find one that in our opinion matched or beats Ruth's I promise to be back with "bells & whistles."
Its the hot butter plate that is the secret, and its the filet, "mean and lean." Probably Dr OZ approved. Its more meat that you are supposed to eat anyway.
But lunch is the special in New York that cannot be beat.
The prices for Ruth's New York lunch are to die for and the steak is the same quality and served the same way as dinner, not often that way when your getting a "deal."
The lettuce wedge with home made blue cheese dressing is excellent, the creamed spinach is the "best anywhere."
You get quality and a reasonable price, great service in a city not known for restaurant deals that are worth the effort.
Don't get me wrong, dinner is great, really great, but the deal for lunch is the "greatest."

1  Thank CapitalWarrior