“Looks good - but didn't deliver quality in food nor service”
Review of The Green Table

The Green Table
Ranked #532 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: The Green Table is a charming organic eatery, nestled in the heart of the Chelsea Market. The daily menu reflects what's freshest at local farms and greenmarkets and our wine and beer list is composed of sustainable, organic and biodynamic offerings. Happy Hour 4:00-7:00pm daily, join us for a cocktail, wine, beer and a bar snack!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Looks good - but didn't deliver quality in food nor service”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The Chelsea market is an amassing place, you can get every ingredient a gourmet wannabe like me would ever want :-) The Green Table is right in the middle of it, and it really looks pleasing to the eye, the atmosphere I cosy though busy. Given the surroundings and possibilities of the market, my expectations were high. I tried the chicken pot pie and the mac & cheese special with goat cheese. The Chicken pot pie was low in flavour and almost like a thick chicken soup. With only a bread lid on the pie it quickly became a bit dull. The mac & cheese had potential. But the flavour of the goat cheese was hard to find, and in my world mac&cheese is creamy. This one was dry and I'm struggling to say anything positive to say about it. Well The salad on the side was really crisp and good, but today that was the only thing they had going for them. The wine recommended to the food was fine and well chosen. Now for the service of the place. It's busy and I could only get a seat at the counter/bar. I asked if I could have a table when an opening came up. I could, so I accepted the counterseat. There were a lot of tables getting available but even though I asked twice they forgot to reseat me. The waiter/barkeeper was not very motivated serving food so there wasn't much attention on the guest. So all in all I wasn't impressed with the place. They have the potential to be a good restaurant - but today the didn't deliver. The price for two glasses of red wine and the two plates was 65$.

Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Newton, Massachusetts
“Great food!!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Was there with a friend while visiting New York,
Very unique restaurant ,
Loved the food and the beer,
You got to try it !

• Visited May 2013
Salisbury
“Very pleasant dinner”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Not amazing but genuine and very pleasant. Good service too. Good was lovely and somewhat different. I'd come back.

• Visited May 2013
Wisconsin
“Relaxing lunch”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch (2:00-ish) on a Saturday and were able to get a table for two. After walking around quite a bit, it was great to sit down and enjoy a relaxing lunch. The hostess and server were both friendly and helpful. I had half a grilled cheese sandwich with fig and pear compote (the sandwich toppings vary each day) and a cup of sunchoke soup. Both were delicious, and the grilled cheese was probably the best I've ever had. My husband had red quinoa felafel, which was an assemble-it-yourself collection of bread, felafel, and hummus, which he enjoyed and it looked delicious.

Important note! The restaurant does not have a separate restroom; they share with Chelsea Market. The server said that the line is often "daunting," and that was putting it mildly. There were easily 30 people (male and female) in line - I have no idea how long it would take to get through the line because I didn't wait. They do have a sink for handwashing available in the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Delicious solo Lunch”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Came to NYC for the first time and ended up having to go exploring by myself on our 2nd day. I came upon The Green Table while in Chelsea Market. Loved the farm to table concept, atmosphere, lighting and menu. It was a great people watching spot too! I ordered the GT burger-Organic beef, house made kimchi, tomato relish, bacon, all on an Amy’s roll. This was the best burger I have had anywhere! Everything was so good- the kimchi was not overwhelming and the bacon was cut just the right thickness and cooked just the right amount so it wasn't difficult eating. The local beer was also really good too. I will definitely be back and recommend!

• Visited March 2013