“a great lunch spot”

Ranked #471 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: The Green Table is a charming organic eatery, nestled in the heart of the Chelsea Market. The daily menu reflects what's freshest at local farms and greenmarkets and our wine and beer list is composed of sustainable, organic and biodynamic offerings. Happy Hour 4:00-7:00pm daily, join us for a cocktail, wine, beer and a bar snack!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate lunch here on a Friday. It was very busy, no tables available, so my friends & I sat at the bar for our lunch. Ben, the bartender/server was great. He was full of great suggestions for us for our lunch selections. I had the cuban, my friends ordered the sausage/lentil dish & the GT burger. Everything was delicious. Ben made us amazing margaritas to celebrate margarita day. It was a great lunch!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We just returned from our meal at The Green Table and I am sad to report that not all was well in the kitchen tonight. My companion ordered the seasonal green salad with a grilled chicken breast on top. Unfortunately, as he began eating the chicken breast, he bit into a section that was still uncooked. Ugh! The waiter took it back and my companion got a new salad with a fully cooked chicken breast.

I got a cup of sweet potato soup and the chicken pot pie which came with a side green salad. As I got to the middle of the salad, I came across a long black hair which I know was not mine or my companion's -- much too long. I didn't say anything. Up to that point I was really enjoying the pot pie and salad, but lost my appetite after the hair --- which came after my companion
s raw chicken experience.

We both agreed the food was tasty, but with two goof ups from the kitchen, I'm not sure I am confident enough to return to this place.

In a nice gesture the waiter deducted my soup from our bill because of the raw chicken.

2  Thank adongeorge
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ate here midweek, but it was very busy so we decided not to wait and ate at the bar. So glad we did, everything here is organic even the drinks, don't be asking for coca cola in here. They have a great selection of organic beers as well. The menu is very varied. I went for the special of the day which was a mushroom pot pie served with a green salad, simple and delicious , my wife had mac n cheese with a salad which she said was fab. This restaurant is in the middle of the Chelsea Food Market which is well worth a look around after eating. I would highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Excellent local foods a reasonable prices. The chickem pot pie is my fave as is the locally made gin martini and the craft beers. A reservation is needed.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Good food, good wine, pleasant staff - who could ask for more? The chicken liver pâté was lovely. And the bar tender recommended a good wine..