“Horrible Experience”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed April 18, 2010

This bar really has issues. First off, it's really annoying to have to wait 20 minutes to get in on a Friday or Saturday night. But that's not really a problem. Once you get to the top of the stairs... prepare to be insulted and disrespected by the female bouncer named "Anna" waiting to check your ID as she decides whether you're worthy enough to get into a college bar! I made the mistake of looking down at my cell phone completely unaware of her presence and walking in after I saw a large group of people leave... and this lady Anna was sitting behind the door in such a way where it was impossible to know she was there and that she even worked for the bar. So I assumed that it is ok to walk in... and out of nowhere this lady starts screaming at me and telling me to get off the line because I'm banned. Wow this was a [--]. What did I do to deserve this... wait for 15 minutes and then not realize that it wasn't OK to walk in... I imagine this somehow interrupted her power trip. Worst part about it is as I tried to explain that I was sorry for breaking the rules and that I just didn't realize that I had to wait for her (because this was my first time at the bar)... it caused this savage beast to become more angry and viscous. I'll pass on this bar in the future... My advice is to try and get your friends to go somewhere else in the neighborhood... a bar that actually appreciates your business and treats you with a little dignity. I felt absolutely humiliated in front of a line of impatient college kids who have nothing better to do than make fun of the person who cant get inside to see his friends.

Reviewed July 27, 2008

Food was great, company was fun!!!

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed July 11, 2008

good and cheap...

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2008

Roof bar is a nice place to hang out in the spring and summer. Can get a bit "collegey" but still nice most of the time.

Reviewed April 27, 2008

Best wings in the city. Awesome open-roof dining.