“Nice Italian cuisine, and great service”

Trattoria Trecolori
Ranked #107 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Italian cuisine, and great service”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were in NYC last Tuesday,and arrived mid-afternoon, starving. A bellman at the Edison recommended Tricolori, and since it was all but nextdoor, we made a beeline for it. Not sure if they'd be open at 3:00 on a Thursday, but thankfully they were. Menu was comprehensive, but not overwhelming. Plenty of Italian "comfort" staples, but other, more adventuruous dishes as well. Delicous appetizer of minestrone, with nice, fresh vegetables, and it wasn't all beans/pasta either.

We told our waiter we were interested in getting one pasta entree along with a veal dish, and splitting them. Without asking, he plated both of them separately for each of us, and served them in courses, pasta, then the veal. Delicous tortellini in a light/creamy sauce, not bland or pasty either. I could tell the pasta was made on site. Veal was fresh, tender, and came with nice potato/vegetables. Not sure if they could accomodate this (splitting TWO entrees) during the pre-theatre rush, but it was nice they did this without having to ask.

Service was efficient, but not rushed, I was never wanting for more water, but not having to protect my plate either.

Although modern/contemporary, the decor still felt warm. Solid lunch with good service, and a step above what you'd expect for pre-theatre. Not expensive either, we'll definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mjeffersondc

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Theatre District location with Varied & Delicious Cuisine”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Ths intimate Italian trattoria is next to the Brooks Atkinson Theatre in the heart of the theatre district. The owners are on site, welcoming and quick to accomodate. We went with friends of theirs for dinner which became a long, lingering night of great food and wine because we did not want to leave! Frito misto appetizer of mixed shellfish was delicately sauced. My osso buco was fall off the bone tender, delicious and so plentiful I needed a doggie bag. Yes. I ate it for breakfast next morning in the hotel. The waiter was attentive, made great suggestions. Our shared dessert was Tiramisu which might not have been my choice but was delicious with an espresso. The bar is right inside the door, very cozy and the signature cocktails are great. I had an infused gin martini suggested by the super nice bartender. It was perfect! Our perfect night was topped off with a bill for r that was way below my anticipated amount, considering we wall had cocktails and wine with dinner. In other words, Trattoria Trecolori gives a quality experience for a modest price.

We were back the next night for drinks before attending the theatre. And we'll be back again.

1 Thank CaliforniaGirl500
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A small Italian restaurant in a nice, simple, decor. Expect familial cooking, mainly pasta or risotto with sauce. The veal and fish we tried were tasty and tender, and the plate size was perfect. The service was efficient but not rushed. For the price, I think you can't expect much more. To give you an idea, count $15 to $25 for mains and around $8 for desserts; wine starts at $30 for a bottle.

I would recommend the tiramisu: I am often disappointed but still gave it a try and loved it :)

Note: don't be heedless as we were. There is another Italian restaurant at the address 250 W 47th Street, this one is a little bit further when walking from Times Square.

2 Thank K0tik
Birmingham, Alabama
“Solid Theatre District Choice”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Following After Midnight, went literally next door and were seated promptly. Food was solid, with the exception of the veal. Frito misto was a good first course. Good wine list, very good service. Don't expect five-star, but a solid meal in a great spot.

Visited January 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Decent food and great prices”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

They had trouble finding my reservation but found it after I showed them it. I could not get through on phone for reservation so sent email and they accepted it. Prices are great, I must say that off the top. Food was good-great, but for the price excellent. Great location to many theatres including Samuel J Friedman. Waiter really pushed the Monkfish although none of us were interested, NY loves to push the Monkfish. Overall a good atmosphere and a pleasant experience for our party of 4. Waiters did sing my wife Happy Birthday too which was cool. I would recommend.