“Solid Theatre District Choice”

Trattoria Trecolori
Ranked #110 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Following After Midnight, went literally next door and were seated promptly. Food was solid, with the exception of the veal. Frito misto was a good first course. Good wine list, very good service. Don't expect five-star, but a solid meal in a great spot.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Trecolori

Reviewed January 29, 2014

They had trouble finding my reservation but found it after I showed them it. I could not get through on phone for reservation so sent email and they accepted it. Prices are great, I must say that off the top. Food was good-great, but for the price excellent. Great location to many theatres including Samuel J Friedman. Waiter really pushed the Monkfish although none of us were interested, NY loves to push the Monkfish. Overall a good atmosphere and a pleasant experience for our party of 4. Waiters did sing my wife Happy Birthday too which was cool. I would recommend.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

What a great restaurant! Great location near the theaters and Times Square, great atmosphere, great bar, great servers (MJ), great food and prices I can't even find at home! Excellent will come here again and again when I am in NYC!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We (2 couples) were in NYC for the theatre, and made reservations for 5:30. Everything was going great, our server was excellent and very attentive. Then, it all went down hill from there. We ordered a Napa Cab for dinner, and enjoyed it very much. We decided to order a second bottle, but something that was less expensive than the first one we ordered (the first was $140) Well, the waiter came back and said that they were out of the bottle we wanted and asked if I wanted to order something else. To which I replied, I would, but since you were out of the bottle I wanted, I would like to get a bottle of the next bottle up in price ($15 more) for the same price. He said he couldn't do that, so I asked to speak with the manager. The manager insisted that he couldn't make that change. I said, then why is this bottle on your wine list (there were a total of 5 Napa 2010 Cabs that I could choose from) and you don't stock enough so you run out at the 5:30 seating on Saturday night? He said it wasn't his fault and that the distributor ran out. And he said, I can't be just giving away $15, and that he would be out of business if he had to do that. AND, that's when he emphatically pounded both of his fists and walked away!!! Now, we all understand that there is a huge mark up on wine, especially at this restaurant. But after spending $140 on the first bottle (which was marked up at least a keystone and a half), you would think that as a good business decision and customer service, that the restaurant would eat the approximately $5 that they would be losing by offering the next expensive wine on the list. We ended up spending $500 that night in this restaurant, but the big loser will be the management and owners. On our next visit to NYC, you can be sure that it won't include dinner here with such unprofessional management. Makes one wonder what else are they cheap on????

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I chose this restaurant because it was close to the theater and hotel we were going to. I had looked online at the menu and it looked like a place we would enjoy. The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. I had requested a quiet table and they brought us upstairs where it was less noisy. We were happy with the table. My husband and I both had veal which was very very good. I would recommend this restaurant.