“Charming Little Place - Great for Pre Show Meal”

Trattoria Trecolori
Ranked #123 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
St. Louis, MO
“Charming Little Place - Great for Pre Show Meal”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My partner and I went to Trattoria TreColori before a Broadway Show on our most recent trip to NYC (April 2013). We made reservations here based on recommendations from friends at home in STL who had been here the year before.

For those staying in Midtown, this location is wonderful. We were staying near Hell’s Kitchen (West 39th Street and 8th Avenue). The walk from our hotel to the restaurant was a breeze and it was about a 5 minute walk from the restaurant to the theatre we were going to. Perfect for a bite to eat before grabbing a Broadway Show.

When I called to make the reservation, I spoke with a woman who happened to be from my home town. She was super friendly and very helpful. To our surprise she was the hostess who sat us upon arriving and remembered who I was. We sat and chatted with her for a bit – it was a nice little extra touch. The interior is cozy and warm, mostly brick throughout. Very nice ambiance! The wait staff also was very friendly and helped make our meal great.

We both had mixed drinks from the fully stocked bar – anything we asked for they seemed to have. I was impressed with this (and thought it was worth noting) because it seems NYC does not carry the type of vodka I like and this place had it! Points for alchohol selction… To start with we had Caesar salads, which were a little too anchovy like for my taste (but I must admit, I hate seafood). It was not bad by any means, just thought it was a bit strong. For dinner, I had the Tortellini alla Panna and my partner had the Rigatoni alla Trecolori. Both were very good and made our bellies happy! We were too stuffed for dessert, so no comments there.

In summary – I would say the place was very good and would recommend it if in the area and looking to catch dinner before a show – this is a wonderful choice. The location is perfect, the setting is great, the people are friendly, and the food is good (maybe not super amazing but it was good). Oh and the prices were not bad either, especially for NYC! I would recommend making reservations in advance however, they were pretty crowded the whole time we were there.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JTF_1977

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The squid ink pasta with seafood was excellent, ossa bucco great, and clams and linguini fantastic. Definitely would go back. Service was excellent.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank debbywatts
Ascot, Berkshire
“Good Value”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went having read other reviews and wasn't disappointed. Good value italian, just off Times Square. Busy but hadn't booked and only waited 5 minutes for table. Will definitely go back.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank She-Devil2006
Oslo
“Excellent food for an excellent price”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nice food at a great price (taking into account that it is at such a central place). Nice servers as well :)

• Visited April 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Best Bar around Times Square”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Between Bway and 8th Ave, on W. 47th...it's a gem. The bartenders are great! Prices are reasonable and we came back twice on a 3 night trip.

Visited April 2013