“What a find in the heart of the theatre district!”

Trattoria Trecolori
Ranked #107 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Glen Rock, New Jersey
“What a find in the heart of the theatre district!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

As a long-time New Yorker, I am always nervous that I will wind up in a touristy-type mediocre restaurant, when circumstances force me to dine where the tourists roam free. So with tickets for a Broadway play and a bad leg that forced us to eat near the theatre, I approached dinner with reservations (pun intended). But Trattoria Trecolori did not at all disappoint! This is a fine restaurant, a little crowded and very noisy, but once worth seeking out miles from the tourist precincts. The bread – some of the best ever. The generous plate of olives – superb. The salads, the soup and the entrees -- pasta, steak and one of the day’s specials -- were singularly enjoyable. And for anyone with a mobility handicap, the elevator down to the restrooms completely eliminated a tricky problem. (And the elevator doubles as a coatroom – great use of space!) Kudos to this place, they truly seem to care, which is not always the case where plenty of places get away with a whole lot less. Seek this restaurant out, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited March 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Floral Park, New York
“Amazing food in the Theater District”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I visited this restaurant after catching a matinee with my family. I had tried to call ahead to make a reservation but kept getting a busy signal. When we got there, they said they could only seat three people at the bar or at two small cocktail tables pushed together. We opted for the two tables and I'm so glad we stayed.

The service was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and quick. The manager was clearly present and checked in with us to make sure we were pleased.

The food was amazing! We had wonderful appetizers (a bowl of minestrone soup and a caprese salad) and I had the best lamb chops for dinner I have ever had! We all cleaned our plates (the other two had a veal dish and a shrimp dish) and even though we're not always people to eat dessert right after dinner we couldn't resist. The poached pear was fantastic - not too sweet but also clearly a dessert with a perfect scoop of ice cream. The others had tiramisu and the chocolate mousse cake. Wow was it good.

I found the price to be very reasonable considering it was a nice restaurant and is in a 'touristy' part of the city. I would definitely dine there again. I would recommend a reservation in order to get a good table.

• Visited April 2013
California
“A Treat in the Theatre District”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our flight to NYC got in late, and once we got to the hotel, it was an immediate search for dinner. Trish said Trattoria Trecolori had good reviews and was only two blocks away. Great call, dear. Like so many places in New York, it's non-descript on the outside, but Trecolori is warm and welcoming on the inside. Service is efficient, and Alberto made recommendations both from the menu and specials, and even offered spins on menu items. The wine list is compact, yet very accommodating. We enjoyed a great antipasti featuring burrata, followed by fettuccine with veal ragu, and a nice veal main. This a was accompanied by a nice Chianti Classico Riserva, and finished off with a fine Tiramisu. Nice service, great food, and warm atmosphere gives Trattoria Trecolori all the components for a five star rating. Check it out!

Visited April 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Upscale Italian in the Theater District”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I met up with her parents in NYC to see “Wicked” on Broadway prior to our departure for a vacation in India. We were looking for a nicer Italian place to have lunch before the show. A quick scan of TripAdvisor showed Trattoria Trecolori to be a good bet. Note: the address on the website is incorrect, I believe it’s actually on 49th, but check with the restaurant when you call. The menu was good, with plenty of variety. Listen to the waiters, they know what they’re talking about and every dish is customizable to suit your taste. The wine list was also quite good and it was refreshing to have the waiter suggest a bottle that was near the bottom end of the price range. Because we ate lunch we didn’t have the opportunity to go off the deep end with a huge meal but I would definitely go back the next time we’re in NYC, looking forward to a nice 1.5 hour dining experience.

Visited March 2013
New Hartford, NY
“After Matinee dinner”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We arrived on time after seeing a show at the Schoenfeld Theater 2 blocks away. We found they did not have out reservation for 7 people that had been made 2 weeks earlier. Fortunately, I was ab;le to retrieve the emails that my friend who had made the reservation had sent to me. The Maitre'D was checking everywhere in the book to see if he could find it but with no luck. HOWEVER.....even though the place was filled, they managed to get us a nice table and accomodate us. WOW....we were impressed! Our waiter, Jose, was charming and attentive. He made some recommendations and they did not disappoint. The food was excellent and we had a great time. Kudos to the staff for not just sending us away with a "so what" attitude. They have gained some big fans and we will definitely be back and tell our friends. Try the tiramisu!!

• Visited April 2013