“Wonderful service and fair prices in NYC”

Trattoria Trecolori
Ranked #112 of 14,026 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a pre theatre dinner on a Monday night and had a wonderful unfushed experience. Our waiter Nick was fantastic, friendly and knowledgeable without being pushy. For a Monday night the place was packed so I would definately recommend reservations. My boyfriend LOVED his entry which was the seafood risotto, my entree the chicken Fantasia was just average... not a large portion and I have had more tender chicken elsewhere. The Classico appetizer was very good and the cheesecake, which was recommended was just OK. The restaurant is conveniently located right next to the Brook Atkinson theatre and it is very evident that they know how to treat their theatre going clients.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for dinner prior to the theater. We had no reservations and it was very crowded so we sat at the bar. The bartender was very personable and provided excellent service. I started with the soup of the day which was a brussell sprout and broccoli soup. Different and very good. My entree was the Bolognese. I like to try this dish at various restaurants to compare. This one was made similar to the way I prepare it and tasted very similar so I obviously enjoyed it. The fresh pasta was very good and perfectly cooked. My wife had the Gnocchi which I also samples and it was also very good. We shared a tiramisu which was excellent. With Cappuccino's to finish things off, it was an enjoyable dinner. It was better than average but not the best Italian I have had but the prices are reasonable for the location and I would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I really don't have anything to complain about from the visit, but can't think of anything that really pushes the visit to above average or excellent. The food was fine. Service was fine. The atmosphere was fine. The host was very warm and friendly and the chocolate mouse cake were great. We came here on the advice of other tripadvisor reviews.... Perhaps we had the bar set too high for our visit.

1  Thank desmoinesdan
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

So this is a NY institution and well known.My group picked it because no other place had a reservation to give us post theatre.
It was not our first choice and once i got there i knew why! Starting with thegreeterwho wascold and business like and showed us to our tables like she could not care who was there. Our waistaff person wasa know it all pompous man pretendimg to have an italian accent.He had a big attitude , like he was a James Beard winner or something! He was condescending. But water was filled well, and he was fakely polite, but we all knew he could not care less about his diners. He claimed every thing was good ............. and we were at thegreat trattoria trecolori so nothing could be wrong.
The food was nothing to complain about , but so mediocre. Everything was presented well ,but lacked inspiration.The specials were better.
Every entree had the same arrangement of house vegetable side which was so dissapointing. My Lemon chicken was done as it should be but just that - nothing special. prices are ok for NYC. But i would prefer higher price and better quality food and service.
resaurant itself was hot , noisy and humid. All in all it was not a favorite experience of mine.

1  Thank hrhsan
Reviewed March 8, 2013

First, have a reservation - they are crowded. Amazingly, you are not rushed and the service is superb. You can get a half order of many dishes if you ask. Seems like they accommodate every request. You do not get ripped off! Prices are fair - even for drinks and specials.
We had the special fish dish which was fresh and very well spiced. The veal was excellent.
The restaurant is dead center in the theater district. This could be our favorite in the city.