“Excellent food, atmosphere and staff!”

Trattoria Dell'Arte
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Dell'Arte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #621 of 14,530 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 56th and 57th Streets
Transit: F, N, R, Q & W trains to 57th Street.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Spaghetti Carbonara & Cannoli were both fantastic. The wait staff was excellent! As visitors to NYC, we were made to feel welcome and that was much appreciated!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,550)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Booked here so I could propose to my now fiancee, after having looked on TA and seen the reviews/price/etc.

We were placed in a booth seat, which was a great way to both enjoy the hustle & bustle but still be quite intimate. We were both a little jet-lagged and were struggling to eat the huge portions, but the food was excellent. I had a giant breadcrumbed steak which was....well, enormous. The wine list was very good & varied and service was excellent.

The best part was when I finally plucked up the courage to ask my partner to marry me. After 2 courses and wine, despite the still busy restaurant I got on one knee and asked the question. Unknown to me, the general manager (Jason) had spotted what I was up to, whipped out his iPhone, and caught it on film. Add to that, the entire restaurant at a standstill and a cheer when she said yes!

So great food, lively restaurant, and for us, very special.

1  Thank Paul O
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We used to come here all the time and loved it. Things have changed. First we ordered a pizza They looked so good. Ours was freezing when it was served. Our main courses were very small portions. Nothing special at all!!!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

After my niece, Jennifer Forni, had her Carnegie Hall debut in April, we wanted to celebrate. Unfortunately, they told us the kitchen had just closed, but offered a glass of champagne on a return visit. This month, she had a second appearance, and we were treated to champagne...and more! The maitre d, Richard, was so gracious and attentive, insuring we had a terrific time that evening. Later in the week, we had a marvelous dinner, complete with even more attention from Richard! He really made us feel very special. The food was superb—antipasti, beet & gorgonzola salad, scallops & artichokes, seafood risotto! And the wait staff was exceptional. So, my recommendation before or after a Carnegie Hall visit is definitely Trattoria Dell'Arte.
– "Zia Fantastica"

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have been at Trattoria dell' arte where all I did was sit at the bar and order from the cold bar, and had a great meal and a wonderful time for a very reasonable amount of money. I have also eaten a full meal with friends with several bottles of Valpolicella and other extraordinary Italian wines. So you can do it however it suits you, and I bet you will have a great dining experience.

One of the nice thing about sitting at the bar is guessing the identity of the many noses of famous Italian people that are painted on its backdrop. Can you tell which is Toscanini's and which is Verdi's? Don't worry, the names are at the bottom of the painting so you will not be kept in suspense!