“Yum yum!”

Uncle Jack’s Steakhouse Westside
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Jack’s Steakhouse Westside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #755 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 34th Street
Transit: Penn Station and 1, 2, 3, A, C, E subways within two blocks. Walking distance to Port Authority bus depot and B, D, F, M, N, Q, R subways. Local bus lines.
Description: "The Best Steakhouse in New York City," where superior quality and obsessive dedication to craft are the norm. Said by many to have the best steak in New York, Uncle Jack's is proud to have served some of the world's most educated and discriminating food connoisseurs.Since its inception in 1996, Uncle Jack's has become legendary for unsurpassed consistency and quality. Serving the best steak in New York means featuring the finest USDA Prime Beef, cut to our exact specifications and aged between 28-35 days. World famous Kobe steaks, and a full menu of the finest foods available, are just a few more reasons why Uncle Jack's has become a steakhouse landmark without equal.
Princeton, New Jersey
“Yum yum!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We arrived a little early for our dinner reservation (5:30 p.m.) and were not shown our table but asked to wait at the bar for a bit while our "table arrived" as the hostess put it. Fine, we're happy to have a drink at the bar, but we must have arrived at shift change time because we were ignored by both bartenders (one was talking with someone at one end, and the other was busy doing something with the register). I don't mind waiting for a drink, but it would have been nice to be greeted. Anyway, we were resigned to what we expected to be a mediocre time. However, things looked up as soon as we were shown to our table after our drinks were done. (It did feel like they were selling us up a little.) The food was great; there was plenty of it. As expensive as it was, it was absolutely delicious. And the service at dinner was attentive. The bacon was amazing, by the way. We packed up the leftovers (1/2 of my steak and some of the bacon) and I was really looking forward to it the next day, but my husband gave it to a homeless person. I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. Would definitely return.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank obriens19

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Mount Dora, Florida
“Steak lovers rejoice!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Always hopful, but skeptical of TV chefs, I was really happy with not only top drawer service, but a steak cooked exactly as I love it, charred on the outside and pink in. Mouth watering.
Also ordered the bacon slab cooked in a maply glaze. Not for the calorie counters and enough for 3 or 4 to share. Rarely am I a desert guy, but we shared two for 4 people and all agree, we will be back next trip to the City. We ate at the one in the 50"s, not the one nearere to Times Square.
Expensive, but aren't we all worth it (on an occasion or two?)

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank joelwildman
Skokie, IL
“NYC Steak House, convenient to Javits Center and B & H”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have been to about six of the best rated steak houses in NYC. All are expensive, but similar. I would put Uncle Jacks in about the middle of the pack.
I had the dry age sirloin. It was pretty good but for $55 it should be.
It is very close to the Jacob Javits Center and we in town for the NYC Travel show so Uncle Jacks turned out to be very convenient.
Additionally, B & H Photo is a half block away and the photo genesis got to buy a couple of things.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Postman83
Burton, United Kingdom
“Wow, wow and wow”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

A must try when in New York, wow the food is just incredible. Just remember to take plenty of cash, but it's well worth it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dawesje
new jersey
“AWESOME meal and the service was just as good!!!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

First let me say that I am butcher by trade and I also worked as a chef (Classically trained in culinary school..I just didn't want my son to grow up without me so I became a butcher) in the restaurant business as well, so I can honestly say that I know both the front and back of the house. My wife and I were in NY to see a play and I pondered for weeks on which steakhouse to visit. After reading review after review I settled on Jacks Steakhouse because of the better than fair reviews I read on-line, but more so because I am a foodie and I have watched Willie Degals show...restaurant stakeout and I wanted to see if his place stood up to the standards he puts everyone else through. A reservation was easy to come by because we wanted to eat early 5 P.M. We arrived a few minutes early and were promptly seated, there were only 4 or 5 other tables with people sitting at them. We were greeted promptly by the captain (Tahir..and his service was OUTSTANDING!!!) and were told the specials for the evening. I ordered a Stella Artois beer and my wife had a glass of Riesling...both excellent but you can't really screw up a beer, but I will say this...that was the coldest beer I was ever served in a restaurant! We ordered the baked clams, Caesar salad, my wife had surf and turf(filet and lobster tail) I had the prime rib chop..A.K.A. fred flintstone, steamed asparagus and dessert I will get to later. The rib chop is 28 ounces of dry aged perfection! I ordered it medium rare and it came out perfectly cooked!(anyone ordering a dry aged steak cooked more than medium rare should not be eating in a steakhouse like this because you are wasting a perfectly aged piece of meat!) Yes the steak had a bit of sinew in it but that is due to the aging process and most uneducated people don't get that...they think it was tough because of a few sinew pieces, but people need to understand that when you dry age a fatty juicy piece of export rib(prime rib) those fatty pieces lose there water content and get a little bit sinewy in some spots, but the rest of the steak is like butter! My wife's filet was spot on and the lobster tail was sweet and succulent. The baked clames(oreganato) were great..sweet and moist and the Caesar salad was very good as well..not to heavy on the anchovies. As far as the service...this restaurant employs the classical service theme...captain...front house server..back of house server and so forth. The captain ..like I said earlier was outstanding...very attentive and always asking if we needed something. The front house server(served our food) was equally as good..We shared the apps and salad and every course served she brought the plate out and split it for my wife and I. Now for dessert...we both had cappuccino and let me say this...the frothy milk on both our coffees was at least 1 inch high!...perfect frothing!!! and the Tiramisu...oh my...we were not eating in an Italian restaurant and I was hesitant on ordering this dessert, but this was probably the second best tiramisu I have EVER had in my life. not bad for a steakhouse! In conclusion...I would definitely eat here again. The food, service and atmosphere are top notch, and I'm a tough nut to crack!

• Visited February 2014