“Mediocre but dishonest with the bill. Buyers BEWARE!”

Deluxe Green Bo Restaurant
Ranked #2,901 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: Located in New York's Chinatown, Deluxe Green Bo Restaurant offers fresh, delicious dine-in, takeout, and delivery. We've been a cornerstone of this community since we opened our doors in 1992. Our restaurant is known for its modern interpretation of classic dishes and incorporating only the highest quality ingredients. Service is also our focus, and it's important to us both locals and visitors alike feel welcome in our restaurant. Our customer-facing staff can even speak Mandarin, Cantonese, and English. Whether you're in the mood for some Shanghai dim sum or wonton soup, our menu variety has plenty of delicious, authentic dishes to choose from!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mediocre but dishonest with the bill. Buyers BEWARE!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

It is your average china town restaurant. I thought the number of decent reviews was not as accurate. The of the atmosphere and food was your typical OK.
What put me off this restaurant was their dishonesty with the bill. When I got my bill they over charged me for one of my dishes. When I complained they argued the price was increased. None of the menus had a price increase and the waiter did not say anything at the time when I placed the order. No matter how much I argued they would not change the charge back to what the menu stated.

I did not go with high expectations. The room was dark and run down look which in my opinion is typical china town. The restaurant covered their windows with the articles which blocked the natural light. The walls were painted a purple on top the wall paper. If you look close you can see the bumps from the wall paper underneath. The food was o.k. I thought they had dim sum dim sum but it was a small selection of dumplings that where OK but a little greasy. The one positive I would give them is there staff were fine. We had to ask several times for water but they were quick. We visited the restaurant at 3 pm when it was very.
The reason I gave the service a 1 on the review below was because the staff over charged us.

• Visited April 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
“Enjoyed It!”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We went here because our original choice was closed for a private party. It turned out to be a great choice. Good food, fast service, great Chinatown find.

Visited March 2012
“Great Food, simple ambience”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

One of those hole in the wall places that are a great find. Really loved the Szechuan whole fish. Family style environment. Loud and busy.

Deerfield Beach, FL
“Green bow is authentic in Chinatown ...”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

During our jaunt to Chinatown on vacation our group chose the Green bow for lunch...
The food was to everyone's liking. Shrimp in sauce, beef chow fun, and vegetable dumplings were their favorites on the menu. They all felt that the portions were generous and delicious. The value was well received as the bill was only 28 bucks! Inexpensive for NY.
As for the ambiance--- no good ..old and dumpy---rushed and crowded.
Best for lunch.

London, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly fastfood”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Our friends told us about this restaurant as a great place for dumplings. They were right. The dumplings were delicious, and our ordered dishes landed promptly on our table. The food was certainly a good value for money. However, I don’t think I have ever experienced such a hostile staff. Having paid the bill and service, we were summarily accused of leaving an insufficient tip – when did 20% become standard? We left 15%, which was, in fact, too much. It must also be said that the place looks a bit dirty and the ceilings probably experienced some water leakage in the past. I would only come back for take-away, to save myself from the unfriendly looks of waiters and the weird pressure in the air to eat my food as soon as possible and get out quickly as I can and of course to leave more than generous tip.

• Visited December 2011