“Green bow is authentic in Chinatown ...”

Deluxe Green Bo Restaurant
Ranked #2,970 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: Located in New York's Chinatown, Deluxe Green Bo Restaurant offers fresh, delicious dine-in, takeout, and delivery. We've been a cornerstone of this community since we opened our doors in 1992. Our restaurant is known for its modern interpretation of classic dishes and incorporating only the highest quality ingredients. Service is also our focus, and it's important to us both locals and visitors alike feel welcome in our restaurant. Our customer-facing staff can even speak Mandarin, Cantonese, and English. Whether you're in the mood for some Shanghai dim sum or wonton soup, our menu variety has plenty of delicious, authentic dishes to choose from!
Deerfield Beach, FL
“Green bow is authentic in Chinatown ...”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

During our jaunt to Chinatown on vacation our group chose the Green bow for lunch...
The food was to everyone's liking. Shrimp in sauce, beef chow fun, and vegetable dumplings were their favorites on the menu. They all felt that the portions were generous and delicious. The value was well received as the bill was only 28 bucks! Inexpensive for NY.
As for the ambiance--- no good ..old and dumpy---rushed and crowded.
Best for lunch.

London, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly fastfood”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Our friends told us about this restaurant as a great place for dumplings. They were right. The dumplings were delicious, and our ordered dishes landed promptly on our table. The food was certainly a good value for money. However, I don’t think I have ever experienced such a hostile staff. Having paid the bill and service, we were summarily accused of leaving an insufficient tip – when did 20% become standard? We left 15%, which was, in fact, too much. It must also be said that the place looks a bit dirty and the ceilings probably experienced some water leakage in the past. I would only come back for take-away, to save myself from the unfriendly looks of waiters and the weird pressure in the air to eat my food as soon as possible and get out quickly as I can and of course to leave more than generous tip.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank lussienka
CA
“A tiny bit overrated”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Lines out the door, people on waiting list, you sit at tables with strangers. The place is tiny, the decor gets a zero, and the staff is, for the most part surly and tired and angry and pissed off and speaks maybe three words of English. They're yelling at each other in Chinese, and yelling at the customers, and once you're done eating "Out!" Still, people love it here. Very large population of non-Asians here. I asked some if it's worth the wait "Oh yes!" Do I think it's worth the wait? No. Was it good? Yes. Was it that , that, that good? No. Was it decent? Yes. Was it really great Chinese food worth eating in a dive and being treated poorly by staff for? NO. It's an experience, though. If you're up for that-- you'll get a kick out of it.

• Visited October 2011
Shippensburg
“PHENOMENAL!!!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This place ROCKS!!! Read about it in Mike Colameco's NY Food Book. Then called New Green Bo. Maybe just a name change but all he said about it is right on. TERRIFIC dumplings....just wonderful. Chewy thick pockets with very tasteful fillings. We had both pork and vegetarian. We also had an order of the soup dumplings...pork. What outstanding food!!! Very great service, quick....polite...answered questions. And....can you believe this....8 dumplings for $4.25!!!!! Seriously we both got STUFFED for about $12.00 TOTAL!!!!!!! And I am a big eater. I highly recommend this place. Noodle workers right in front...and it is really in Chinatown so tourist folks get real experience. We try to hit NYC 6-8 times a year. Definitely will go here again!!!!!!!! It was outstanding in summer....can't imagine how wonderful this tastes on a cold winter day=)!!!!!!

• Visited August 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Steamed Vegetable Dumplings”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I got to this joint whenever I'm in NYC. The place is small--you might have to sit at a table with strangers, but the food and prices are great. I've never had anything bad there. I highly recommend the steamed vegetable dumplings. Hot tea comes with the meal and the service is very fast.

• Visited July 2011