“Excellent resturant in the East Village”
Review of Paprika - CLOSED

Paprika
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: 1st Ave & Ave A
Transit: Located at 110 St. Marks Place we are close to Astor Place with 4 5 6 train. Second Ave for the V F train and 14th street for the L train.
Reviewed December 13, 2011

My wife and I met a chef friend of ours(Eric Guido,Snoot,What's cookin)for dinner on a Saturday night. The cusine is a twist on traditional Italian. The prices were great and the food was incredible. I highly recommend this place for a date or a dinner with friends.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Very good place to eat, very good quality of the food. Also the pricing is not excessive and the atmosphere is perfect for couple or 2-4 friends.

In two, we ordered carpaccio of meat and two tomato gnocchi, plus the bread with oil and salt included in the service and two beers, ended spending approx. $55.

Definitely a suggested restaurant

1  Thank World C
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Great food, great prices and great service! I've been going for the past six years . Love the rustic bread and olives - try the meatballs!

Reviewed July 17, 2011

As I was perusing the Yelp pages, I stumbled upon Paprika. I'm always looking for new places and it did not disappoint. First, it is in the East Village, and so, it has a different ambiance then the West Village. The restaurant is simple, with a clean and modern decor. We began with a Bellini and a Prosecco. The Bellini was made with fresh peach puree and was very reasonable at $8. They brought out crusty Italian bread with olive oil and olives which I love since we are usually ravenous when we first sit down.
For our Appetizers:
Rice balls made with risotto, mascarpone, and asparagus-delicious
Beef carpaccio -thinly sliced with parmigiano shavings- just the way I
like it.
Entrees:
Homemade gnocchi- one with the veal ragu and one with the pancetta and kale in a light tomato sauce. The gnocchi were light and pillowy. We could return again and again for them. The service was courteous and efficient. We were too full for dessert, but hopefully we can squeeze in the panna cotta on our next visit. In addition, they have a prix-fixe dinner for $18. Paprika is definitely a nice find and a good value in the East Village.

Reviewed February 17, 2011

I dined here by myself while on business. The hostess and waiter were both incredibly nice. My dinner was also DELICIOUS!! I had the lobster macaroni and cheese. It was fantastic.

I would definitely go back!