“Great meal, great service, cozy atmosphere”
Review of The Place - CLOSED

The Place
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
philly
“Great meal, great service, cozy atmosphere”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I met our daughter here. West village is really rockin. Best people watching anywhere.
Everything we ordered was delicious, and the portions were just right. Even desert was out of the ordinary. So we'll highly recommend. This "place" did not disappoint.

• Visited October 2013

“Good food with wonderful staff!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were greeted buy staff with a big smile when walking in to The Place. Had a very nice table near the window. My friend and I both ordered salad for starters but due to some confusion we only got one salad and not two. This was quickly fixed and the other one came from the kitchen along with sincere apologies.

I had duck pasta, which was absolutely amazing. unfortunately spilled some of the tomato sauce on my brand new light blue blouse. When I tried to wipe it of one of the waiters came in with salt, an extra napkin and seltzer water! Very kind of him, that's the kind of thing that makes a restaurant a success.

Dessert was good but massive. Think I only managed to eat half of it. Very affordable prices though so it still felt as I if I got value for the money.

All in all a very nice visit. Maybe the restaurant is best suited for couples then friends though, we felt a bit odd sometimes in the extremely romantic atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
aberdeen
“Loved the Place”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

FANTASTIC, Service wonderful food mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, would highly recomend, I would go back in a heartbeat, one of the most memorable place I was in while in New York.

• Visited September 2013
Barcelona
“lovely spot in ny!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We loved this place. Food was very good, even for a spanish standard, and we enjoyed the ambiance a lot. The staff was friendly and chic. They offer a great menu. We both had kalamari as entree and lamb for main dish. My husband had a glass of wine and i had sparkling water. We shared a great dessert. We paid 80 dollars, so we consider it a god value for money considering nh prices. It has a bar too. Ideal for a romantic dinner. We recommend it a lot!

• Visited August 2013
new york city
“I love The Place!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Located in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Manhattan, The Place is charming, friendly and they donate 10% of all profits to local children's and global green charities. My dining partner and I ordered a bottle of Ca'Donini Pinot Grigio, which was dry, clean and had subtle notes of apple and pear.

For appetizers we tried the grass fed lamb meatballs served over soft polenta with a sweet onion relish and a fire-roasted tomato and okra sauce. Devine! The meatballs were juicy and flavorful while the relish and the sauce gave it a great kick. And the creamy polenta was sinful. I could have eaten an entire bowlful of it. We also had had the char-grilled calamari paysanne served over a warmed plum tomato, baby leaf spinach and roasted garlic salad with calamata olives and herbed croutons. It was grilled to perfection.

For an entree we oredered the pan seared Caribbean red snapper served over an endive and lady apple salad with mixed baby greens, toasted pistachios and a lemon vinaigrette. The snapper was cooked to perfection and the combination of apple and endive made the dish so bright. And we ordered the oven roasted chicken breast with herb roasted fingerling potatoes, sauteed french beans and a natural sherry wine reduction. There was not a speck of food left on our plates.

Thank you The Place!