“Good choice in a neighborhood with plenty”
Review of The Place - CLOSED

The Place
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We walked in without a reservation on an early sunday evening and were promptly seated at a small outdoor table adjacted to the bar. Our appetizer selections of char-grilled calamari and grass fed lamb meatballs were both well presented and prepared. Our entrees of pan seared red snapper and roasted leg of new zealand lamb were both good enough for us to trade plates with each other mid-meal. W.4th St. is one of the prettiest and scerene blocks in the city with at least half a dozen worthwhile restaurants in a 3 or 4 block area but you won't go wrong selecting The Place (could use a more creative name) for a meal.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spotted The Place while walking along 4th street and immediately took to it. It is cosy without being overcrowded, romatically lit without being ridiculous. The evening started with a drink at the bar and a delightful chat with the young woman tending bar(I feel bad that I have forgotten her name!). Service was great, friendly, unpretentious and highly efficient.
Our meal was delicious. I loved my sweet potato ravioli and the 3 way duck was a winner with both of us. We shared a creme brule and again were not disappointed. It was great to go to a New York restuarant that didn't give you too much on the plate and focused on lot's of flavour.
All in all a meal to remember and I hope The Place is still there next time I visit New York!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have been here several times, the food and the service are very good. The manager is very friendly and runs the restaurant well. We were seated at our reservation time, which is important, that's why you make reservations. Although the tables are pretty close together It can be quiet and romantic. There is a small patio with outdoor seating but not many tables. We will eat here again.

1  Thank wocaplel
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had a really nice time here. Food was really good although the portion of cod was a little on the small side. But overall a very nice ambience and would come back again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My cousin took me here for my birthday last nite. What a gem of a place. It probably has one of the best wait staff in NY, The food was delicious and beautifully presented, and the atmosphere is
absolutely charming. I cannot wait to go there again. This is the perfect place for any occasion!