Tripadvisor
New York City
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best Vegetarian restaurant... EVER”
Review of Red Bamboo

Red Bamboo
Ranked #171 of 17,034 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Description: Red Bamboo has been a West Village staple for over 15 years providing delicious vegan and vegetarian comfort food. Our tasty menu includes our famous BBQ Buffalo Wings, Creole Soul Chicken and BBQ Ribs with one twist - they are all completely meatless! Our menu is 100% vegetarian and predominantly vegan. With mouth watering desserts from Vegan Treats and Klein's Ice Cream, Red Bamboo is proof that even vegans know how to indulge.
Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. The Wings are the best things ever!!!
I've been a veggie for 22 years now and never had wings, Philly Cheese steak etc so to get all this as a veggie option is fantastic!
I go to this place every time I'm in New York :)

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (314)

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

I am a vegetarian and was exited at the prospect of finding a vegetarian restaurant. Having visited many before it's amazing what you can do with so many ingredients in the world to create meat imitation - this is not one of those restaurants.

They have created meat dishes using one ingredient only - quorn. Quorn cooked in different ways. Grilled quorn with bbq sauce and called it ribs. Battered quorn fried and called it southern fried chicken. Worst thing is they describe it on the menu as soya. It's not soya. it's chewy quorn. Your in chewy quorn hell.

Big disappointment. We ate a quarter of our food and left. Wine is also vegan which tasted bland.

Date of visit: September 2016
3  Thank SheenaL721
Reviewed August 25, 2016

Despite the very long wait (because this place is VERY small...and they did a very poor job of estimating the length of the wait), we thoroughly enjoyed the food. The chicken wings are a great appetizer and the sesame was a hit for the entrees (just like a place near home). The Peanut Butter Heaven pie was truly heavenly. Hard to believe it was vegan! Just wish they took reservations or did call ahead.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

This is the best Vegan restaurant I've been to. I love this place. The chicken parmigiana and the eggplant parmigiana is my favorite dishes

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 17, 2016

Loved this little gem in NYC!! Very pretty and inviting. Ordered the Garlic Fried Rice ($5.95 with white rice) and it was sooo tasty. Portion was large enough for two to share. My friends ordered the Bamburger & the Teriyaki Veggie Stir Fry and found them to be wonderful. Sides of Sweet Potato Fries, Collard Greens with Vegan Ham and delicious beverages made this a meal to be remembered!

Date of visit: June 2016