“I want this restaurant where I live!”
Review of Red Bamboo

Red Bamboo
Ranked #581 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Description: Red Bamboo has been a West Village staple for over 15 years providing delicious vegan and vegetarian comfort food. Our tasty menu includes our famous BBQ Buffalo Wings, Creole Soul Chicken and BBQ Ribs with one twist - they are all completely meatless! Our menu is 100% vegetarian and predominantly vegan. With mouth watering desserts from Vegan Treats and Klein's Ice Cream, Red Bamboo is proof that even vegans know how to indulge.
Brussels, Belgium
“I want this restaurant where I live!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I adored the place, we ate there three times in one week!
i couldn't believe that the whole menu was vegetarian/vegan: amazing!

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Bad Service”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I travel to New York for work several times a year; I am a vegetarian and often take Meat eaters to New York's many Vegetarian restaurants to open their minds about Vegetarian food.

This was only my second time to Red Bamboo, the waitress took our drink order, we were sharing an appetizer and each ordered an entree. The appetizer came and it was not the right one, not sure if we ordered it wrong or she heard us wrong but she never offered to take it away and bring us what we wanted just mentioned that she would have to charge us for both. At this point we still did not get our drinks.

The entrees came and they were both good, I was going to remind the waitress about the drinks, I tried to wave her down but she just walked past me, she never checked on our entrees so I gave up on it.

When the bill came the drinks were on the bill so I had to mention to her that they were never received, she took them off the bill. I worked as a server for many years and you always check the bill before handing it to the customer and do a quality check of the food.

Maybe it was an off night but now my friend has a bad first experience at a vegetarian restaurant, making a comment on how the hippy's aren't motivated to give good service.

The food was still good but if I find a restaurant with similar food I'll go there.

• Visited September 2013
Middletown, Connecticut
“Wonderful vegan/ vegetarian restaurant!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I love this place. Astonishing vegan buffalo wings - they taste so meaty. The food here never disappoints, but I always order too much and it's so good I try to finish the huge portions!!

Visited September 2013
NY
“My favorite veggie experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The best Faux everything, the place is small and get there early to get a table. Best food ever. everything is vegetarian and mostly vegan as well. My favorites are the cajun fried shrimp,
Buffalo wings, grilled bourbon chicken, and their bamburger. Mostly anything you order is amazing. And they have the most amazing Vegan shakes yumm.

• Visited September 2013
Rocky Point, New York
“Perfect Vegan Evening”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food at Red Bamboo is consistently great. I have not had one bad thing off the menu. There are many options and one is better than the next. I love the ice cream floats also. A great place to take your vegan friends or people who are lactose intolerant or really anyone because the food is very tasty. It is also in a wonderful location very close to Washington Square Park and NYU. Cozy space with very nice servers. No pretentious better than thou attitudes like at some of the other vegan hotspots.

Visited September 2013