“Wonderful, healthy salad.”

Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Description: Founded in 2007, sweetgreen is a destination for delicious food that's both healthy for you and aligned with your values. We source local and organic ingredients from farmers we know and partners we trust, supporting our communities and creating meaningful relationships with those around us. We exist to create experiences where passion and purpose come together.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were advised to line up early for lunch, prior to 12 noon. This turned out to be good advice because by the time we departed around 1 pm, the line was out the door! When choosing salad you can pick from the menu of salads (such as Kale Caesar, Guacamole Greeens, etc) or make your own custom salad. Ordering is on the assembly line concept, but we noted that the workers sometimes get the orders mixed up, as happened to one person in our party. You start by picking the greens (organic, local, very fresh and delicious) then add vegetables and proteins from a very wide variety of ingredients. You can eat in (if you can find a table - there aren't many) - or take out. The restaurant atmosphere is not restful as the it is crowded and the lines keep moving in front of the tables. This is not the place to go if you like a serene dining experience. However, Sweetgreen is a terrific choice for a healthy salad meal. I recommend it highly.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

They have a lot of good food, though be sure to get there early if you don't like lines starting out in the street. Their assembly line for making your order is somewhat inefficient, as any requests (due to allergies in my case) are not necessarily propagated down the line. When they got the salad done correctly on the second attempt it was very good though. They also have a nice place to people watch at the back of the room, with a view above the line of people.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My oh my!

The lines here are always long and at the door which is certainly a good thing. This place is organic and they only purchase their ingredients locally! What are the odds!

I love salads and I decided to give this place a try and I'm hooked, so hooked that I wait in line for 20 minutes for their salads, yes 20 minute. I've tried various salads here and my favorite which is not even on the menu anymore because it was seasonal was the March Salad! This salad made me crave Sweetgreen day and night.

The March Salad consisted of half shredded kale, half organic mesclun, roasted sweet potatoes, caramelized onions, candied pecans, blue cheese and bacon. This salad is like an explosion of flavors in my mouth, sweet and savory combined. I'm so mad that the salad was only seasonal but I wrote down the ingredients and just do a custom salad that's close to the March Salad.

The staff here is pretty cool, it's assembly line style, you are offered bread at the end. I must admit some staff members are a little lost. Some of them do not listen but that's only a few bad apples in a large bunch. Sweetgreen receives a lot of business day and night!! Lines are long at night also, it's just that good here.

You will never regret going here, I haven't regretted it yet. Oh, they cAn get pricey here once you add protein and cheese. The Mint Lemonade is very tasty also.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This quick service salad and wrap restaurant is strong on one particular practice among others, sustainability. Their food is organic and local, proteins are hormone free, antibiotic free and all-natural, they use 100% plant-based compostable packaging non derived from oil, and they use reclaimed and FSC certified materials in the construction of their store. Pretty impressive, huh?

I created my own salad with organic mesclun, local apples, mushrooms, raw beets and roasted sweet potatoes.

You can read my full review with photos at http://sprungonfood.com/2014/03/10/sweetgreen

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Being new to the "make your own salad" idea, the staff were friendly and helpful and let me sample a few things. The end result was amazing. The produce was fresh, it tasted great, and the portion was easily enough for two meals for me.
If I lived in NYC this would be somewhere I'd frequent. As it is, I'll definitely be making a return visit or two during my stay.