“Worth two trips”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hell's Kitchen
Description: 5 Napkin Burger is a Premium, Full-Service Burger Restaurant with a Full Craft Beer & Cocktail Bar.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Visited here a couple of times whilst staying in New York. Probably the best place we ate all holiday. The burgers were incredible. Had to go back a second time just to try a different burger. Great service both times, even with them encouraging people not to go on the wifi but instead for people to talk to each other. What a crazy idea!
Good location for us as well as within walking distance from our hotel.

1  Thank MattT3150
Write a ReviewReviews (3,929)

Reviewed April 20, 2019

Of the myriad of burger joints in the world crowded with burger joints, this busy bistro atmosphere shoppe is a good choice. The basic burgers are moist and tasty, fries are good! Sometimes a good burger is all one could ask for in life.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

We were in the mood for burgers so we did what mist do and googled best burgrrs near me.... thats when we came upon 5 napkin.... we went and put our name in. 45 min wait, damn wtf im hungry! We waited and it was worth it no doubt. Damn good burger. I got the 5 napkin signature burger medium and it was bomb. Onion rings and fries were good too. The milk shakes looked good but we didnt try them. All in all i was happy with the choice

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

This was my first time in the restaurant and the first time of many things in my 2-week stay in NYC. I was with my wife and my 2 year-old kid.
The food was decent but the service was the worst I’ve ever had and truly disrespectful, I didn’t want to leave any tip but my wife insisted.
First time in NYC I’m not offered a high chair for my kid.
When served water, only my wife got a glass, neither my kid nor me.
I asked for a beer, a wheat beer and they brought me the bottle without any glass (really??!!)
When asked for a glass they brought me a WARM glass, to drink a beer!
The food took more than 20 minutes to come.
We got my kid a kids menu consisting of fried chicken and fries, well, the chicken was freezer cold.
My wife asked for the sauce to be on the side, guess what? The sauce was all over her burger!
The waitress (Nickquae) was haughty, never said thank you or offered her help and of course not a simple smile.

I’m never coming back, there are many other good burger places in NYC way better

3  Thank Nacheto
Reviewed April 17, 2019

My daughter works close to this place and has gone there before so when my and her two children visited her we decided to eat lunch there.
Were seated quickly ... waiter was friendly and informative.
My daughter recommended the Lobster Sliders and we both ordered them ... great recommendation ! Both were tasty and fresh ... seemed a bit 'pricey' but well worth it if you like lobster.
Kids had a child shake each and enjoyed them.