Open today: 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM

More Info
from $69.00
More Info
1,842 results
All reviews highlights tour two hours vip tour art history super fun fun facts hour tour high energy behind the scenes great stories small group great tour highly recommend this tour lots of fun three hours new york bex
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

I did the Badass B******s of the Met tour and it was so good that I soon after returned for the Un-Highlights tour of the Met, both within the last two months and led by Kristina and Elizabeth, respectively. They were SOOOO much fun and super cool; this sentiment was echoed by my teenage nieces who accompanied me and who also had a blast. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 28, 2019

Lindsay led us at a fast pace through many areas of this huge museum, telling us funny anecdotes about its history and creators as well as about the exhibits themselves.
She engaged and involved the group. It was a great introduction.

Reviewed May 28, 2019

My husband and I took this tour in May 2019. Jim had a wealth of interesting and amusing stories about a lot of exhibits at the Met. He had unusual and fun tasks for us to do. We found he set off a a cracking pace and we had difficulty keeping up (we are retired in our 70s). We found he spoke very fast with an Australian accent and we had difficulty catching all he said. My husband is partially deaf. An Australian girl in our group answered most of his questions.

Date of experience: May 2019
Museum_Hack, Guest Relations Manager at Museum Hack, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate the feedback. We're glad you enjoyed aspects of the tour and we'll definitely pass along your notes to Jim. We absolutely want every guest on our tours to LOVE their experience and we are sincerely sorry that wasn't the case for you.

We would love to hear any additional suggestions you might have. Please feel free to email us at info@museumhack.com. - Rebekah, VIP Customer Service Associate

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

First: This is supposed to be a tour for people who don’t like museums. We’ll, I like museums ...
We took the renegade tour at the Met. It’s probably kinda ok for a bachelor party or a girls night out, if you’re already a little tipsy.
But we were sober.
It was too quick. There were too many “games”, cheers and dull puns. This was way to much, and I never bought the guides extreme enthusiasm - and it all came out very fake. Maybe we were tough costumers, but we were still paying.
I understand the point and business plan, but the visit to a great museum was actually just messed up. If the point is to teach people how to like museums, this won’t work. Just selling selfie-moments is disrespectful to the history of art.
And to top it off, the tour is ended with a call for five stars or no review at all. Which could explain the high score they have ...

Date of experience: March 2019
Museum_Hack, Guest Relations Manager at Museum Hack, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I’m so sorry you had this experience with us. We are sorry to hear there was a disconnect and we do thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Our goal is not only to tell awesome, scandalous, and unexpected stories about the art, but also to encourage guests to engage with the museum in new and unexpected ways. We play games on tour to flip our guests' experience and break expectations of what a museum experience should be. This is inspired by author Tracy Chevalier, who often creates games for herself as a way to make museums less overwhelming.

I hope this helps explain a bit more about our tour structure! We always stand by our five-star guarantee; please email us directly at info@museumhack.com and we'd be happy to process a full refund for all tickets purchased for your tour. --Rebekah

Reviewed May 22, 2019

The hack tour I went on with Jim was a great tour blasting through the MET to different galleries and highlighting great little stories behind some the the museums less frequented pieces.