“Defiantly recommend !”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited here during a few bitterly cold days in February 2014 and loved it! We had eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon and omelettes with hash brown both amazing x go you will not be disappointed ! We went back after trying other less impressive diners.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

As I bemoan the decline of simple, classic diners in New York, I am always comforted to know the Waverly still exists. They of course have a menu jam-packed with everything under the sun (as any good diner should), but what I go to diner's for is breakfast at any hour of the day or night. Went again recently with a friend for a super late lunch - waffles and scrambled eggs. So good! Also critical to a real diner... bottomless cup of coffee and waitstaff who never kick you out.

1  Thank slsnyc
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I used to be a regular at this place but moved out of the neighborhood. Maybe "you can't go home again," but things are not what they once were. The service is attentive if perfunctory, like it always was, and the food has gone downhill. They're clearly using more frozen products and bulk-prepared items, such as hash browns and chicken salad. The muffins used to be really good but now taste like a cardboard box. It's still a cool destination, very popular, but try to order something they make in house, like scrambled eggs or a hamburger. And don't think you can sit and relax at this cozy joint. Once you take your last bite, they strip your table and make it clear you need to move on.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

A New York staple. Classic diner vibes and a great menu to boot, probably my favorite diner in the area. What else can I say? Stop in and you won't be sorry.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had seen this place rated as one of the best diner's in NYC and the village.

To me - it was just as good at the rest. Just what I expected and maybe that's because I feel like I always get the same good delicious omelets and sandwiches here that I do everywhere else.

Prices aren't too high when compared to other diners (I hate diners that charge $18 for sandwiches) and here it was more like $11.

Not a big space inside so on New Years Eve we had to wait at 3:30am a while for a table but it was worth it. I'd go back for sure.