“Great Ramen Experience”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was in NYC with my family. Wanted for them to try ramen. This place had great food and ambience and made us feel great. Maybe the line was penalizing parties of four, cause we waited a little too long

1  Thank LucaMR

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I went to the 51st street location. I was solo so got right in and at ate in the "secret" room upstairs. 45 minute wait for larger parties. this was after the pre-theatre rush. Service was fast and professional. Not sure about the smattering of Japanese that the servers have to speak. The Akamaru Modern was delish. I ordered seasoned egg and pickled greens as add ons. Might try the spicy next time. Major umami going on here.
The pork buns looked great but I didn't sample. I ened up getting more noodles "kae dama" and it worked out perfectly.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Met local friends at the Midtown location. What a treat! Ramen here has no resemblance to the dried, salty packs you may have sampled. Try the pork rolls and any of the broth based dishes.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I came to this location because i had been to the East Village location a year back.This location differs in the ambience and seems brand new and modern. Though i could really care less about the surrounding though because i was there for the Ramen. I highly recommend the Hirata Pork Buns. I am drooling as i think about how yummy those steamed buns are. Two per order so you may want one order per person instead of sharing. Now while i always favor the Modern Ramen i have come to also fall in love with the Karaka Men (Spicy) Ramen. This will clear the sinuses! It is not the most subtle of eating habits because yr usually, and so is everyone else, slurping at your noodles. I lucked out on this sunday afternoon with walking right in because usually there i an hour wait but again the world cup had just ended and we were near by to beat the crowd.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Similar to the other location on Lower Manhattan, this is a good ramen place. We got there right after the opening hour so didn't have to wait at all. Food came out right away, nice servers. However, dessert menu is different with the other one & ambience is as well. I guess each location tailors to its own customers.