“Fantastic Service, Delicious Steamed Pork Buns and Ramen Worth the Wait”
Review of Ippudo

Ippudo
Ranked #89 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We tried Ippudo as an alternative to Momofuku, and we were really pleased. We went to the West Side location. The service was excellent from the hostess to the wait staff. There was a long wait as it was a Saturday night, but we just cozied up to the bar, where we ordered some edamame, steamed pork buns, and cocktails. The steamed pork buns are not to be missed.

Our server was excellent. She even made our cocktails for us at the table, and explained how best to order our ramen. I tried the traditional style with an egg and pork belly added to it. It was the best ramen I've ever had. Would go again in a heartbeat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Place has SOLID ramen and Japanese cuisine. I could eat their porkbuns for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The shishito peppers are amazing as well. Only problem i have with Ippudo is I always walk out way too full.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had no idea that a simple lunch at a ramen restraurant from Japan with this being the NYC branch. Food & Service absolutely outstanding. I had the traditional nwith extra shashiu pok, the fried chisken appetiser, and Kirata Bun , with pork belly. Oh my god I want more. I live in London and may just start flying back once a week to eat here.Sat at the counter, was extremely impressed with the training of the servers. Delicious! Delicious! Delicious!! I use to live in Japan I dont thnk I have ever had better ramen

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Ohhh god...I love a good bowl of soup!!! I had the spicy Karaka men! THE best! It's a clean and beautiful restaurant!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have never been to the West side but East side by NYU. The place is spacious for Ramen, nice ambiance, cool design, have a bar for waiting. We got to the place 15mins before closing break and were lucky to get in. Staff are very nice, and everything is just so good that we cant wait to go back to eat.