“Holy Wagyu!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Came here after reading other TripAdvisor reviews because I was in the mood for Ramen and at a hotel in Times Square for work. The location is great--off the tourist-beaten-path, but not too far away.

When you arrive, you are greated by a handle of Japanese phrases by every single employee. The first few times I thought it was cheesy, but before long I was smiling everytime.

The service and attention to detail was great. I took the recommendations of my server and the food did not disappoint. The Wagyu beef appetizer was frickin awesome. A few piles of seasoning and dipping sauces to flavor, but honestly, the beef alone was my fav.

Then comes the Ramen-tasty, flavorful. The pork belly was like butter, the broth to perfection, the ginger and veggies the perfect complimebt, and the noodles were awesome--just wish I had a bigger bowl.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Absolutely amazing ramen. The wait can be incredibly long here, but totally worth it. We waited 1.5 hours on a Saturday night but ran through a delicious palate of food in about 20 minutes. The pork buns were delicious, probably the best I've ever had. The pork was so well seasoned and the special mayo went so well with it. The ramen was also superb and was served very quickly. The modern ramen was sprinkled with pork, but opted for the extra pork belly and was rewarded with the best ramen I've had for sure. The Brooklyn ale, Japanese style, I had also paired very well. The staff was nice and though the "arogato" yelled across the room from every staff member was a tad cheesy, it was fun. Service was also very quick once we were seated. For the best ramen ever, it was very affordable as well. Do not let the touristy midtown location scare you away, this is some of the best ramen in the city.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Being from the Midwest I have never experienced fresh ramen noodles- were used to the cheap bag stuff all the college students live off off. The fresh ramen bowls are delicious and perfectly flavored which they make look easy but takes talent. Noodles are cooked to a perfect texture- they will text you when your table is up so you don't have to wait inside the restaurant. We had the pork belly steamed buns to start with and had the modern and classic bowls. Service is quick and efficient. I would recommend it- nothing to complain about.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We tried this restaurant based on reviews from Trip advisor. Arrived at 5 and had to wait about 10 minute to be seated. The service was excellent. We all ordered ramen. Our 11 and 13 year old didn't really like the ramen (and they eat instant ramen all the time at home). My husband and I had the ramen and thought it was quite good. The samurai buns were unexpectedly tasty, with the texture of the crunch vegetable contrasting the with soft bun and spicy pork. I was surprised that they do not wrap the food to go which was a waste of our kids' ramen because they hardly touched it.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Heard about this place from some relatives who live in the area. This is a really cool place to have a great time and great meal! Love, love, love, the Ramen with restaurant made noodles. You can see them making the as you eat. The steamed buns with pork belly are to die for as well as the veggie version. We also had some cucumber app that was really good! This is a real pretty place and the staff was friendly and great. They don't take reservations so there is always a wait. It is well worth it! Stop in for some great Ramen! Best in the city I would say, highly recommend this place!