“Superb location, exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
The Towers at Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #7 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Superb location, exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a 5 night stay with our 2 boys in late June. We had a suite on level 54, very spacious, stunning New York view, all freshly renovated in a contemporary style. The new renovation is complemented by the preservation of some of the original features of the Palace Hotel in the foyer, lifts and dining room. Terrific gym and unbeatable location for dining, theatre, shopping and business. The fine dining restaurant was expensive particularly for a simple (but very good) breakfast - but the deli was an excellent choice for a quick breakfast or coffee on the run. My boys loved the frappes!

The particular area that the Palace Towers excelled was the exceptional concierge service, bell and reception staff. At the time we stayed, a significant international dignitary was in residence for a few days and security was highly visible and intense. All that said, to me the sign of high quality, trained staff is the way they handle challenging circumstances. This they did with complete professionalism, a smile and extra touches such as a chilled glass of champagne as we passed through reception in the afternoons. Very nice touch. The staff went above and beyond to ensure our stay remained memorable and we got to enjoy the best of New York.

One thing internet (complementary) speeds were very slow - whether that was our height in the building or presence of security at that time I do not know - but it was a little inconvenient to need to come to the foyer to check emails etc. If this is important to you I would be mindful to check the arrangements and make sure they suit you.

We certainly had a wonderful stay and I must complement management on their staff. I would highly recommend this hotel and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: High levels certainly have amazing views of the New York skyline
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
6 Thank Anlouise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We've been going to NYC for fine food and fine art since the 1990s. We just spent (our first) three nights at the Towers at the New York Palace and this will be where we stay in the future. It was the most amazingly perfect place in terms of very spacious room size, new and appealing furnishings, fabulously expansive city view and excellent staff from front desk to housecleaning to concierge. When we arrived they offered glass of champagne.
In the late 1990s we stayed at the Mark on the upper east side. Then they changed it and the rooms became smaller. Tried the Surrey but a noisy neighboring guest 2 nights in a row made us quit it. Tried other places in mid-town in the past 8 years. I don't remember ever walking into a hotel room in any city and feeling like I suddenly was in a heavenly retreat. It was about $500 plus tax per night. We could walk to MOMA, Jean Georges, Le Bernardin, and Betony, and walked back from lunch at Cafe Boulud and the Met on a beautiful summer day (took a taxi up). It would also be a good location for walking to plays. If you want a quiet retreat floating above the city but well-placed within it, this is where you should stay.

Room Tip: The tower is on higher floors in the New York Palace hotel. We were on the 50th floor looking east i...
      Location
3 Thank LornaD
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here 3 nights, extended weekend.

Room wasn’t ready on arrival at noon, but they explained full occupancy and that housekeeping was scrambling to turn rooms. So they checked our bags and called around 2pm to say room was ready, which was very nice.

Unusual for NYC, room 4714 was both very large and sunny with a wonderful view of St. Patrick’s and July ‘s “Manhattanhenge” sunsets.

Room was spotlessly clean. Appears they recently renovated with new furniture and carpets. Housekeeping did a fine job each day.

Very effective black-out shades in case you’re jet lagged or just want to sleep in.

Free WiFi. And once I’d signed my devices in, they automatically acquired the signal again each time we were in the room. No further log-in required the entire stay.

Plenty of electrical outlets built into the desk for our phones, tablets, and laptop. I really appreciate not having to crawl around behind night tables and dressers trying to find a free outlet.

Convenient Creston bedside control for all the lights.

iHome bedside clock with iPhone 5 power plug.

Bathroom was sizeable for NYC with spacious shower stall, no tub.

Convenient location for getting around NYC. Walking distance to Central Park, MoMA, Rockefeller Center. For further afield, we never had problems getting an Uber on short notice. It’s nice having lobby entrances on 50th, 51st, and Madison Ave sides, depending on where you’re headed.

Complimentary bottles of water in a fridge which is in a cabinet across from Tower check in desk.

The only negative: front desk explained they closed down the Tower guest lounge, formerly on 39th floor. So no complimentary coffee or tea in the morning. But Pomme in the lobby has decent coffee and there’s a Starbucks just across 51st Street. Ess-a-Bagel is a short walk east and worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank MAVacationerBoston
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

For lack of a better word, I'll just say AWSOME!

We stayed in the towers for my wife's 50th birthday. I had contacted the Director of Guest Experience (Ricky) and mentioned that we were celebrating our her 50th and was looking for a nice restaurant. He must of put something in the computer, because I think every person in the hotel wished my wife a happy birthday! It was something she/we will never forget!

Now to the hotel. It's gorgeous and immaculate. We stayed in the towers. Staff was very pleasant. I do not think we ever walked by an employee and the did at least say good morning/afternoon. When walking out that evening the bellman said something to the effect. "Good evening, I don't know if you saw but it might rain later so you might want to take an umbrella." While on the surface no big deal, but to travelers not familiar with the city and walking around,... priceless.

We had a quick lunch at Pomme Palais. It's mainly pastries and sandwiches but VERY good.
Just as we were finishing up, the guy that checked us out walked over with a chocolate eclair and said something like, "We heard it was your birthday and wanted to give you a little something on the house". My wife thought I put him up to it, but I never said a word to anyone in the cafe.

I had booked a couples massage for my wife and I, again they did not disappoint. My only complaint was in the massage room the therapist tried to up-sale me on aroma therapy oils. I don't have an issue with the up-sale, I just think a more appropriate time is when I check in to the spa or ideally when I make the reservation. The spa is small and simple, but the gym is huge. It's kind of cool running on a treadmill and looking out the window at the St. Patrick’s Cathedral across the street from the 8th floor.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Wade T
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

A wonderful surprise in the hub of NYC, gorgeous rooms in the Tower, generous supply of bathroom amenities and finally a hotel with enough hooks in the bathroom & a safe that actually fits your laptop in it. Wonderful in every aspect - will definitely return

Room Tip: Higher floors have magnificient views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at The Towers at The New York Palace in June. My family and I stayed at one of the suites. The suite was so beautiful and well decorated, it really gave my the feeling of luxury.

The breakfast at the hotel was expensive, but definitely worth it. If you stay at the hotel I would recommend to eat breakfast there at least one days. Try the granola and pancakes!

The service at the hotel matched the hotel itself, outstanding. The only thing that bothered me during my stay was that an important, politician person stayed there at the same time. Every time we would enter the hotel after staying out in the city, we had to walk through a security check for safety reasons. There was police outside the building all the time, but then again, I felt really safe.

To sum up, the hotel is amazing! I would recommend it if your looking for luxury, great food, and a pleasant stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Kathinka N
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a great stay at in The Towers. The entire staff understands quality and service. The concierge delivered on every request we made(5 STAR!).

We are fans of the "other" 5 Star hotels, but The Towers have earned our NYC business.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family