“Best hotel in New York”

The Towers at Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #10 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We spent 5 unforgetable nights in this hotel enjoying every moments of it.The location of the hotel is perfect in which everything withen walking distance ( fifth ave shopping , broadway and times square , central park ,..)
This is my third stay in the towers and first after renovation. the hotel lobby and rooms are very luxurious , the room size is big and comfortable( 42 sq m ) ,bathroom is nice with excellent amminties.
Staff as always make the difference in any hotel by going the extra mile in satisfing the guest needs.
Housekeeping need little improvement.
This is the type of hotel that you dont want to check out from.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear rasheed_albader,

I am incredibly happy to hear that such an amazing stay. Thank you for taking the time to write this very nice and detailed review.

Thank you also for being so loyal to the Towers at the New York Palace and I look very much forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable stay.

David Chase

Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed on the 14th floor in a newly remolded suite and it was incredible. The view was increadible. The rooms are all automated and truly spectacular in every way. Edyta , the front desk manager went above and beyond to make our experience exceptional. Loved everything about the hotel. Room service is a little pricey but to be expected in a hotel of this quality. It was delicious as well. Breakfast was awesome. Cannot say enough. If you are heading to NYC and want to do it up.... this is the place. And all things considered and in comparison, a good value.

Room Tip: 14th floor sure has a nice view!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear CaymanBaked,

Thank you for this great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass your nice comments on to our wonderful Edyta.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights in January 2014 for a whistlestop visit of NY - the location is excellent, being in easy walking distance of the Rockefeller Centre, Times Square and the Park, as well as all the shops in the surrounding area.

The Towers has a separate lobby to the main hotel which was always very quiet, and we found the service from the desk staff and all the porters to be excellent - friendly and informative without ever feeling overbearing. The room itself was very comfortable and had some clever technology for operating lights, heating, blinds and tv from the bed, having had a recent upgrade. The bed was excellent, and the views of the city, especially the sunrise were quite special - our only complaint was that we would have liked a bath, but you cant have everything I guess!

We had the room service one night after our dinner reservation was cancelled at late notice - it was ok, but not good enough to justify not wandering outside and trying one of the thousands of restaurants in NYC!

Room Tip: Ask for as high a floor as you chosen room type will allow, as you will be able to see over the top...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lodges_9

Dear Lodges_9,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our services and our rooms to be excellent.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. You can most certainly request a room with a bath tub as we do have them in our hotel.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I consider this to be the best hotel in NYC. The towers truly treats you as a VIP. The newly renovated hotel is hard to beat. Ask for only the towers, you will not be disappointed. Ruggiero the Tower manager is a first class person he knows how to make your stay the best. I became ill due to a dinner. At a restaurant where the fish was not so fresh. Ruggiero sent up tea for me and cookies and milk for my granddaughter. What a treat. The one touch mood control is unbelievable. Plenty of closet space, location across from St Patricks and for those who love to shop just steps away from Saks a shoppers paradise and you can run back and forth from hotel to store.

Room Tip: When booking this hotel make sure you stay in the tower
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear littlerOse0906,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. I am so happy to hear that you had a spectacular stay at the Towers. I will be sure to pass you nice comments on to our wonderful Ruggero.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another luxurious experience at The Towers.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I've just spent 10days at this hotel in their Towers section (very expensive Xmas time) but I was looking for an indulgent holiday. WRONG!! We were supposed to have a Butler in our Towers Suite but alas, no Butler Services offered; one night we ordered room service, gave up after three hours and went to sleep; Phones never answered at Concierge and Reception (forget about getting through to a manager); Towers Guests entitled to a House Car for nearby trips, each time we requested one from the Doorman we were met with mumblings, told that cars were there but no Drivers; Try to find a breakfast table at their restaurant is like trying to extract a tooth from a one year old without anaesthetic. The restaurant is very small and it is opened up to outside people so hotel guests end up not getting tables - its the most weird experience I've ever had. On the 10 days we stayed there, only twice did we get a turndown service. The list is endless. The Challenge with Palace Hotel is that, even though its beautiful and nicely located, it is not sufficiently staffed to give guests personal attention. It's too crowded and you queue for everything. Even worse, I had a horrible experience of being charged for a Spa service I never received. It's been a week now and I'm being sent from pillar to post to try and get my refund. Pity cause this hotel has so much potential. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Next time I'll try the nearby Waldorf Astoria.

Room Tip: Go for higher floor rooms for the best views of the Manhattan skyline
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Noluthando G

Dear Noluthando G,

Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you encountered as this is certainly not our standard.

At The Towers at The New York Palace we pride ourselves on offering the best service at the highest standards, and the details which you have described are not the experience which we strive to provide to our guests.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed in the towers of the Palace Hotel and rooms were very spacious. We stayed on 47th floor with great views of the city. Very cute and delicious restaurants near by probably Olive and Fig was my most fav. Easy to get to subway from hotel. Fun fun fun.

Room Tip: Stay in the Towers. You have your own concierge and other amenities.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Treasa H,

I am thrilled to hear that your stay was great and that you had so much fun enjoying the iconic views from your room. Thank you for taking the time to write this great review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Towers at the New York Palace.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Towers at The NY Palace was amazing! The staff was very attentive and friendly. The renovation was beautiful. I was really impressed with all the updates. Looking forward to my next stay when I travel back next Spring.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear CNaylon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing experience at the Towers. I am glad that you approve of our renovations and look very much forward to welcoming you back next spring for another excellent stay.