“Tasty treats”

Ranked #151 of 370 Bakeries in New York City
Neighborhood: Civic Center
Neighborhood: Civic Center
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Everything we had from here was good overall. I ordered a slice of carrot cake that my mom said was okay. I was skeptical about the banana pudding. To be honest, I’ve had banana pudding from various establishments and it didn’t usually taste good. I asked the employee about it. He said it was good. A customer came in and said ‘you have to order it. You won’t be sorry.’ So of course I ordered it. My husband and I enjoyed it. I was glad I purchased it. I ordered a raspberry bar that I enjoyed. The raspberry flavor was more bitter than sweet. The more I ate it the more I began to enjoy it if that makes any sense. Lastly, the cookie brownie was tasty. This bakery didn’t disappoint. I would come here again if in the area.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a reviewReviews (32)

Reviewed May 1, 2018

Randomly stopped here walking down the street trying to find a place for lunch. We got the passion fruit cheesecake and the pecan pear pie. The pear pie was decent but the passion fruit cheesecake tasted like is came right out of a bakery in Hawaii!!!! I could have eaten five more of them!!!!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

The carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting was delicious. My friend has an icebox cake and just devoured it! This is a sweet spot that is open later than other neighborhood bakeries (til 8 pm) and so we decided to visit.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

I came here originally to come get cheesecake because I heard it is so good here and my husband and I have a bit of a cheesecake tour of NYC going. While we weren’t really that enthused with the cheesecake, we did enjoy the red velvet and the chocolate chocolate cupcakes! The cheesecake was pretty flavorless and just was totally boring to eat. The consistency was good but again, zero flavor. The cupcakes were good! The cake was slightly dryer than I like, but really not bad enough to make me dislike the cupcake. The flavor was delicious in the cake as well as the icing. The icing to cake ratio was perfect. I wasn’t a big fan of the vanilla cupcake with vanilla icing. Overall, good cupcakes. I would come back for those.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed May 30, 2017

Nice to find a small independent cafe. Very good cakes and good coffee, not so good if you want decaf or 'proper' tea as opposed to a flavoured infusion. Small sitting area.

Date of visit: May 2017