“Best coffee outside Australia”
Review of Little Collins

Little Collins
Ranked #14 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 5, 2014

As an ex-pat Aussie living in London, good coffee was a thing of the past so I had to visit Little Collins whilst in New York and I'm so glad I did - best flat white I've had in YEARS. And the breakfast was delicious too (with vegemite for those Aussies who don't travel with their own supply!). Although it's not a huge place we were able to find seats after a short wait.

1  Thank NW28

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Looked everywhere to have a half decent coffee whilst shopping, advised to visit Little Collins owned by an Aussie. What a buzzing place, office staff lining up to buy a decent brew. We enjoyed our coffee and enjoyed watching the the staff do their magic. Worth a visit to rest the weary feet although mot much space, more for take away.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I think I was one of the first clients walking to the little cafe restaurant last year, and ever since then I keep coming every weekday morning before going to my office and ordering lunch as well.
I'm sure it sounds a bit strange, but if you eat they amazing food they cook and the magnificent coffee they make, you'll never be able to compare it to anything else, unless you are dining in an upscale high end restaurant that will cost you triple the price. I have to say this is by far the best coffee bar in NYC and I'm sure Leon and Arnon the founders and their little gem will open more of these very soon, so you guys could enjoy what we have here at Lexington Ave and E 55th street.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Forget the previous review Little Collins is an absolute gem! The Flat White is to die for, the Americano a delicious, dark and nutty brew. These people know their coffee and take great care and attention when fixing each drink. There is a great choice of brunch sandwiches with the smoked salmon and egg, or the avocado smash being real favourites.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Visiting from Melbourne, was recommended to come here, so we came from downtown to Little Collins. Busy, no greeting on arrival. Sat ourselves down next to a pile of dirty dishes before realising we go up and order and pay. Placed an order, and 5 minutes later one of the 2 coffees was ready. Asked for the dishes to be cleared and they said "they would get there when they could" huff huff... So the food arrived. FOUL and DISGUSTING. I was willing to oversea the cold eggs, and the lack lustre un toasted bread, even the sour rocket garnish. But the "hollandaise"?? Or what ever they thought it was tasted beyond FOUL. It was like burning vinegar in my throat, 3 mouthfuls in I spat it out and pushed it away. I'm ashamed this place is associated with Melbourne. It has nothing that I love about food from home. It was the WORST meal I have had in the states, and the coffee? Well who cares when you're spitting out the food. A Tip? Are you kidding. Try a refund. SHAME on you "Little Collins" you're no place like home.

2  Thank Ebony C