“Dinner with friend”
Review of Delmonico's

Delmonico's
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 14,311 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: William & South William
Transit: N,R,Z,3,4,5 trains
Description: America's first fine dining restaurant, Delmonico's has been serving fine American food to New York's connoisseurs in its premier location at the heart of Manhattan's financial district. Since opening at 56 Beaver Street in 1837, Delmonico's has been renowned as the birthplace of the Delmonico Steak, Delmonico Potatoes, Eggs Benedict, Lobster Newburg, and Baked Alaska. Upon opening, the original Delmonico's offered then-unheard of luxuries such as private dining rooms, an extensive wine cellar, innovative cuisine, and, above all, warm, personal service. Today, the restaurant continues to honour its heritage with the same warm hospitality and fine cuisine. Delmonico's menu features a range of traditional dishes in addition to the prime Delmonico Steak, aged to perfection in the aging room. Having introduced many dishes and dining customs to America, to dine at Delmonico's is to experience history.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

is Always nice to go in this old restaurant piece of History in New York. the steak is incredible and some apetizer. I had Lobester Cocktail and was no really so good.but the rest was perfect.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

WOW, just WOW! I had Delmonico's steak and my husband had T-bone steak - I can't really say which one was better. They were both made to perfection. Make sure you have their creamy spinach and Delmonico's salad. I'm sure you will feel full after so much food, but you can really miss their signature dessert - Baked Alaska - you have to try it. Enjoy!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great place to go if you want to treat yourselves. The side dishes are big enough for two, we ordered 3 sides and ended up leaving a fair bit of all of them. The steaks were perfectly cooked and great quality. We were full so ordered a desert between us, highly recommend the Chocolate Bread Pudding. Service was excellent without being intrusive. Expensive but in the end worth every cent.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went to Delmonico's with a Groupon and although this restaurant is not easy to get to, it was worth the trip from 80 miles away. Service was second to none, and the food was excellent. Very large portions that could not be finished, Lobster Newburg and the Baked Alaska were mouth watering. I would highly recommend the trip to downtown NYC.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Delmonico’s is located in New York’s financial district a couple of blocks south of Wall Street. It is one of the grandest, oldest (established in 1837) and most iconic restaurants in New York City. The owners claim they are responsible for creating Lobster Newberg, Baked Alaska and Eggs Benedict. I dined there in March with 15 co-workers and thought the food and service were fantastic.

I ordered a great Delmonico steak (boneless rib eye) with Lobster Newberg as an appetizer. I could not decide between a steak or the Lobster Newberg and asked the server if I could combine them as a surf and turf order. The chef would not do that but the waiter recommended that I order a smaller portion of Lobster Newberg as an appetizer and then the steak as the entrée. I thought that was a great idea and my dinner choice was easy after that (a friend next to me also liked the idea and ordered the same thing). As a group we ordered lots of sides with the grilled asparagus being the best (it was REALLY good). We also ordered several bottles of decent wine. For desert we split several items with the Baked Alaska being the best.

The décor and atmosphere of the main dining area of the restaurant are great but our party was large so we were seated in the extra dining room next to the bar. This room was OK but not as nice as the main room. The service was first class and they took care of everything. I really liked the server who suggested the Lobster Newberg as an appetizer.

Overall I really enjoyed my dinner at Delmonico’s and highly recommend it. The prices are high (especially when ordering wine) but are not outrageous.

2  Thank rockyjoe