“Great food, nice, casual atmosphere”
Review of Da Ciro Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 33rd and 34th street
Transit: We are located just one block from the 33rd street 6 train.
Description: "Since opening Da Ciro's doors in 1995, Executive Chef and Owner, Ciro Verdi, has been and continues to offer some of the finest regional Italian cuisine in New York City! Putting an emphasis on the art of cooking in a wood-burning oven, Ciro has blended his cuisine with a semi-traditional Italian rustic flare to create a sophisticated yet unpretentious atmosphere. Da Ciro...modest sophistication humbled by true hospitality!"
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Dined there with 3 business associates. Waiters and hostesses were great; super friendly. My friends all had the wood fired pizza and raved about it. I had the seafood negra pasta; it was just outstanding. My third trip to this restaurant. It is very consistent. Always good. Service is excellent. It will become a staple for a "better" casual Italian meal.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel, we were looking for authentic NYC pizzeria - little did we know we walked into an overpriced italian restaurant. When we first looked at the menu it said $18 for a pizza, until we went to order and found out it was for a 9 inch pizza! We had already ordered drinks ($15 for 4 iced teas). Paid the bill for the drinks and walked 2 blocks down the street for 2 slices and a soda for $5 -and the guy was tossing them right there in the window! That's authentic NYC pizza!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have never reviewed a restaurant before, but I was soooo disappointed in the food at this restaurant. I don't know where these positive reviews came from, but I cannot see it. The prices are outlandish for the quality of the food. I had to return my chop (another thing I have only done about twice before) because I could hardly get the knife in it. I must say they were good about replacing it with their "pasta special" for 27 or 28 dollars. There was absolutely nothing special about it and certainly not a generous portion for the money. It was passable. You would do better at any other neighborhood eatery. The service was good, but for the money, you could do much, much better.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We were advised to go here for good NYC pizza and we are so sorry we did the restaurant was nice and the service excellent, but the pizza was the worst and soooooo overpriced I wanted to cry. We did not have time to try any other pizza place........so I still have not had good NYC pizza.

Reviewed May 11, 2012