“Great Kosher Steaks”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 92nd/ 93rd
Transit: Take the number 1, 2 or 3 train to 96th Street and Broadway. Walk one block east to Amsterdam Ave.
Description: For over 15 years, Talia's Steakhouse has continuously reinvented the strictly Glatt kosher restaurant as a hip, modern place, where everyone will feel welcome: from Chabad and Satmer Chasidim to Modern Orthodox, secular Jews, non-Jewish customers and all other ethnic groups, Talia's has something for everyone. With so many repeat customers and fans, it's no wonder that Talia's Steakhouse has built such a "Haute" reputation. As one customer puts it: "You oughtta be the best, most progressive-still-frum place." Talia's appeal reaches far outside of its Upper West Side location with its two unique dinner and brunch menus offering a gourmet selection of prime rib, filet mignon, duck, whole branzino, homemade hummus, Belgian waffles, shakshouka, non-dairy tofu cheeseburger and more. Where else can you sip a cocktail at midnight while catching a cool breeze at Talia's Outdoor Cafe or enjoy a ball game on a large screen TV while eating a delicious, mouthwatering kosher steak. Talia's is a great spot to take your wife or girlfriend out to dinner. Enjoy the romantic atmosphere, dimly-lit, candles and fresh roses on each table, mellow live music and a wonderful blend of American and Middle-Eastern cuisines. She will be talking about her special evening for weeks to come. In addition, Saturday nights all year round, Talia's transforms into a romantic lounge where people from all over come to reconnect with old friends and meet new and exciting people.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I went to Talias on a groupon coupon and were pleased with the food. We started with the steak salad. This salad was big enough to have as a main course, which I am sure people do. We shared the salad and had very expensive steaks for the main course. The steaks were prepared perfectly, but not as large as I have seen steaks for similar prices in non kosher steak houses. They were delicious, and the side dishes we ordered were great. The desert was wonderful. The service was excellent. We went early in the afternoon, on a Sunday before seeing a broadway show. The waitress was friendly and professional. We enjoyed our experience at Talias and will return.

Talias S, Manager at Talia's Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thanks for this fantastic review! It's wonderful to hear that everything, from the steaks to the sides to the service, was on point during your visit. I'm especially happy that your meat was perfectly cooked—we always want to give our customers steak just the way they like it. We can't wait to see you back soon! —All the best, Daniel, General Manager

Reviewed December 24, 2012

The three course meal was delicious. The ambiance is right and the overall exprience was pleasant without the typical pushy New York style.

as far as kosher steak is concerned, Talia's is well reccomedned.

Talias S, Manager at Talia's Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thanks so much for this excellent rating! We were happy that we could give you a pleasant and relaxed meal in the heart of New York City. Please don't hesitate to return the next time that you visit the Big Apple. We'd be delighted to welcome you back for another kosher steak. -- All the best, Daniel, General Manager

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went for a really great evening last night to Talia’s Steakhouse. I
have been there a number of times over the past few years and had okay
experiences, but this time I want to write because I was quite
impressed and noticed just how unique a place Talia’s is. I considered
it an experience to ‘write home about’. First of all, there were many
new dishes on the menu, it seemed as if the menu expanded. I cannot
rave enough about how tasty the food was. I went with my Aunt and
Uncle and we all sampled each other’s dishes. We each went for a
special menu item; including a glazed duck over wild rice, Lamb stew
with a rich and authentic ‘spicy’ flavor, and spare ribs oozing with
sauce, and also an appetizer of mini sliders. “Satisfyingly tasty and
delectable”, is how my Aunt described everything. We didn’t even need
to ‘flag down’ the waiter because he was always there at each
appropriate point! Service was a plus for us. The restaurant scene had
a really good vibe - informal enough as to not seem overly fancy and
uptight, with a blend of date nights, family outings, and friends
chilling. I certainly had an A-+ time from all aspects, and I’d
recommend coming in to anybody!

Talias S, Manager at Talia's Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thanks for this fantastic review, Star. We're simply honored that you regard us as a place that you must 'write home about'. We work hard to make sure that our menu is always interesting and that our service is quite attentive so I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed both delicious food and great service. I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to my staff.

Whether you're in the market for a fun evening with friends or a date night, we hope that you keep us in mind! We'd be so happy to see you back in the restaurant.

All the best,
Daniel, General Manager

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We enjoyed the Thai steak salad and Mideast platter....great pitas!!
............................................would go back!

Thanks so much for this wonderful rating a few months ago. Nice choice on the steak salad and the platter. Those are always crowd-pleasers. We hope that you've been back since you wrote this, but in case you haven't, I would love to take this opportunity to invite you back to our restaurant!

Daniel, General Manager

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I needed a kosher place to hold a business lunch and chose Talia's because it was near the hotel where my clients were staying. Turned out to be a great choice!
First, the place was nearly empty since there is no Midtown crowd - great for business.
We had time to schmooze, to enjoy some steak, get a couple of drinks and get the deal done.
Second, the staff was great - as a matter of fact a very nice young lady who said she is the manager took care of us herself!
Third, the food was great - the steak was delicious and the shakshouka was amazing!
Definitely planning to do more business there soon. Or I should call it pleasure ;)