“Best Kati Roll in the town”

The Kati Roll Company
Ranked #1,826 of 14,592 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Description: The Kati Roll Company serves authentic Kolkata kati rolls filled with spicy grilled ingredients and wrapped in a paratha or roti and topped with a medley of lime-cilantro chutney, pickled and fresh onions and chat masala spice. Antibiotic and hormone-free meats / Halal / Veg-friendly / Vegan options. Popular with New Yorkers, expect longer wait times at lunch and late night (after the bars).
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This place lived up to expectations once again and thus deserves another star badge on its chest.. You got to try it and you wont be disappoint! A roti or other Indian bread wrapped with your meat (or potatoes) of your choice. I got the chicken tikka to try for my first time and it was so tender and the flavors plentiful. Not too spicy but it did have a kick.

They look small, but don't be tricked. 1 is good enough for me. Around $5-6 each.

I say go!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I followed most people's recommendation and went with the chicken unda (chicken tikka + egg). It was absolutely delicious! I also tried the aloo masala which was also tasty but not as good as the chicken unda. The paratha was very buttery/greasy, but delicious. I asked for spicy and it was helllaaaaa spicy (LOVED it). I washed it down with their mango drink by Swad, and it was the most refreshing mango juice I ever had. I craved it later that night and realized I wouldn't find it at any convenience or grocery store. So I googled it and found a case of 24 mango drinks for $36 bucks. I snatched it up, it was that good.

1  Thank Vy N
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great rolls - worth getting two (price seems reasonable by NYC standards). Chicken tikka and shrimp rolls were truly delicious and filling enough for a teenage boy.
Place is TINY with four little round tables for two. Arrived about 11:45am and were able to get the table in the window but had to wait a bit for the food because they were cooking up an order to go so plentiful that it required two strong men to carry it out. Within 5 minutes the other 3 tables were taken, and by the time we left there was a line out the door and down the steps. Suggestion: get the rolls to go and eat them in the park if you can't get a seat.

1  Thank JaxAmerican
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Yummy Indian food folded with love in a naan wrap? Where do I sign up? Clean little foodie joint with a large fridge of cold drinks, four tables inside, and quick service. The kids (ages seven and four) loved it just as much as the husband and I did. If you want an inexpensive, quick and yummy bite of Indian food, you need to run -don't walk to Kati Roll!

1  Thank Stroller_Snob
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This should be the ideal in NY: amazing food/flavors prepared fresh and quickly... and super high value. Whats not to love?