“Good food, good service, lousy attitude by owner”
Review of Salaam Bombay

Salaam Bombay
Reserve with OpenTable
Salaam Bombay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,803 of 14,208 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Duane and Reade
Transit: A,C,E,1,2,3 to Chambers
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went there the other night (2/5/13). Food was excellent. Service was good. BUT...it was Happy Hour. According to the sign on the door, Happy Hour was from 4-6. We were there at 530. At first the owner said there was no Happy Hour then. Then he said since we were having dinner and NOT at the bar, we couldn't take advantage of Happy Hour. I think the owner needs to be a bit more caring about his customers.

1  Thank SKCYCLES

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We try and go here EVERYtime we are in NYC. Love their food. Better than anything we can get in Boston. Very fresh. Not too spicy. Best poori and chicken korma around.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went back here recently to see if it was as good as I remembered and it was even better than I remembered. Fresh ingredients and amazing flavors of spices. The simplest dishes, spinach and carrots, are amazing. What Peter Rabbit would eat if he was a gourmet foodie chef.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

After living in London, I think I have a pretty good idea of what excellent Indian food is. Although I've had better, Saalam Bombay is a solid very good and is priced accordingly.

The food is fresh, well-seasoned and the buffet will leave you wishing you had elastic in your waistband.

Along with friendly staff, I do recommend this restaurant for your curry fix.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Crappiest Indian food resturant. The worst kind of food- unflavorful, no spices, just plain bad. The lassi we ordered was so sour that seems like you were pouring acetic acid in your mouth. The saag paneer and diwani handi were just bad- no flavor- no spice- just boiled spinach paste. The bread basket roti were uneven- the aloo roti had more roti and less aloo. The veg biryani was so spicy that could burn your mouth. The free papad they offer- was uncooked and was sticking in the mouth. So only plus was the ambience, other than that you will be good if you stay away from this bad indian restaurant.