“Dinner Before Rangers Game”

Biricchino Northern Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
Biricchino Northern Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,568 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We picked this location due to its' good reviews on Trip Advisor and proximity to MSG and we were not disappointed. We arrived at 5:00pm just as the restaurant was opening. On game nights be sure to make reservations or you may be disappointed if you just show up at the door. Our server had the challenge of advising us that several of the main entries were not available. We ended up choosing the "Cured Salumi Plate" to share as an appetizer which was very good. We ordered the olives as a side dish, which were wonderful, yet the dish was large for just the two of us. We then ordered the Saltimbocca and Braised Angus Short Rib which were very tasty and large in portion size. Would highly recommend this restaurant for those who enjoy northern Italian cuisine.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had dinner one recent evening at Biricchino. It was crowded because of a Rangers game at nearby Madison Square Garden, but I had good service and a very nice meal at the bar. Biricchino is known for its sausages, so I had a plate of several different varieties plus a salad and I wasn't disappointed. Reasonable price, good service, good food

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident walking from the parking lot to our destination. I've forgotten where we were going but this place was the REAL FIND. Historically it houses a salumeria and sallmi factory that has since moved its operation to Hackensack. The products of the production are thoroughly enjoyed on the two salami tasting platters offered as appetizers--absolutely delicious assortment of salamis, sausages, and pickled delights. I have become so enamored of the osso buco here that it will be my comparator for all future Italian restaurants and that WILL be a challenge for any competitor. My guests thoroughly enjoyed their saltimbocca and fresh fish dishes--I don't share my osso buco with anyone. This is a trip to Northern Italy so the usual marinara pasta dishes do not occupy a space on the menu. Desserts are well chosen from poached pears and frutta di bosco with italian gelati.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Ate at this cozy northern Italian restaurant as a recommendation from a friend's father. It was spot on! Not too expensive and really enjoyed the homemade NE clam chowder and the night's pasta special with shrimp had a nice little "bite" to it. The bread and dessert cannoli were also very good.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been here a few times and every time I have had fantastic service and amazing food. Each time the head chef has come out and made sure that his patrons are happy too. They don't have the biggest menu but they are not trying to have one either. What they do, they do very well. They just do a great job. Nice wine selection, great food, excellent service. What more do you want?

I read the one complaint they had here and that person is more than half the time unhappy. Ignore their complaint and go to this place. They really are great.