“Osso Buco lovers delight in a "needy" area of NYC”

Biricchino Northern Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
Biricchino Northern Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,646 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
NEW JERSEY
“Osso Buco lovers delight in a "needy" area of NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident walking from the parking lot to our destination. I've forgotten where we were going but this place was the REAL FIND. Historically it houses a salumeria and sallmi factory that has since moved its operation to Hackensack. The products of the production are thoroughly enjoyed on the two salami tasting platters offered as appetizers--absolutely delicious assortment of salamis, sausages, and pickled delights. I have become so enamored of the osso buco here that it will be my comparator for all future Italian restaurants and that WILL be a challenge for any competitor. My guests thoroughly enjoyed their saltimbocca and fresh fish dishes--I don't share my osso buco with anyone. This is a trip to Northern Italy so the usual marinara pasta dishes do not occupy a space on the menu. Desserts are well chosen from poached pears and frutta di bosco with italian gelati.

• Visited March 2013

NY
“Delicious northern Italian food near MSG”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Ate at this cozy northern Italian restaurant as a recommendation from a friend's father. It was spot on! Not too expensive and really enjoyed the homemade NE clam chowder and the night's pasta special with shrimp had a nice little "bite" to it. The bread and dessert cannoli were also very good.

Washington, DC
“I love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been here a few times and every time I have had fantastic service and amazing food. Each time the head chef has come out and made sure that his patrons are happy too. They don't have the biggest menu but they are not trying to have one either. What they do, they do very well. They just do a great job. Nice wine selection, great food, excellent service. What more do you want?

I read the one complaint they had here and that person is more than half the time unhappy. Ignore their complaint and go to this place. They really are great.

• Visited February 2013
New York, NY
“A nice find in Chelsea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The trouble with telling people about a great little restaurant you've just discovered is that months later you may not be able to get a reservation. But I had such a lovely dinner with two foodie friends a few nights ago, that I feel it's only fair to share the love. Had one of my friends not suggested Biricchino Northern Italian, I never would have noticed it, tucked away as it is on a quiet side street in Chelsea. Not fancy but warm and friendly, a nice neighborhood spot. There is a new chef with a deft hand at blending unexpected flavors to great results. We had wine, appetizers, the salmon special, a couple of pasta dishes, appetizers, and more desserts than we should have. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Important to me, the desserts were rich and flavorful without being overly sweet. I'll be back!

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“quiet place when you're out of town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm in the city on business and all I wanted was a quiet place where I could grab a decent dinner. The decor was nothing fancy, but the food was great. I had the beef shortribs with cheesy polenta -- talk about rich! I went home satisfied.

Visited February 2013