“OMG MUY BUENO!!”

Ranked #292 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nolita
Description: It was also in the movie - Friends with Benefits...Phone number on receipt is 212-625-2001
Reviewed January 7, 2014

WORTH THE WAIT.. DELICOUS juevos rancheros.. delicious abolito..... best morning cocktail BUT... I'M dreaming about the corn on the cob with the parmesan sauce.. OMG.. i have never tasted anything like it.... Its already crowded and I hate to let more people know about cafe habana but I can't help it...GO YUM.

1  Thank sansa31

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Cuban food, ambiance, the spicy corn is amazing. It is always crowded Nd you have always wait to be seated, but it worth it, very new yorker ambiance,great for brunches also, get the corn, the cuban sandwich , or the crazy salads.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

First a confession. I live in very close proximity to this restaurant. Close enough to want to dissuade you from coming and joining the queues that snake out of the door just at about any time of the day. Certainly I might get a little more sleep some nights as happy diners enter or leave. But the reality is that is a very fine place.
The food is excellent and the preparation with care. If you get take away the meal is even placed attractively into the box. The owner (a very pleasant guy if you ever get to meet him) clearly drills his team well. I can't think of anything that hasn't arrived at the table, or in the box, that hasn't been just right.
This part of Nolita isn't cheap, and isn't getting any less exclusive and the prices here are very reasonable for the area. There's a French café around the corner that is equally popular, but you'll eat breakfast or dinner here for half the price.
The biggest problem is of course how popular it is, and the need to wait. Early in the day for breakfast is a good time to try this place out. Try the Heuvos Divorciados. You won't regret it.
This is also a good place to meet people. Everyone seems to know it!

1  Thank PhileasFoggontour
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I ate the corn and Cuban sandwich on December 30th 4 hours later I started feeling sick was in bed for an entire day sick to my stomach and missed New Year's Eve. I went to the take out resturant in nyc. It was different food I thought it tasted good. I only ate half the sandwich and all the corn. The corn wasn't that great. It's like fat smeared over corn with chili powder.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This place is really small, but the continuous stream of people into the place got me thinking that it must be pretty good. We had cocktails while waiting for a table, the jalepeno margarita is really really good. When we finally got a table we all agreed to get the corn, cause it looked delicious (we were eyeing up peoples food from the bar), and I got the roast pork. The food is pretty simple mexican, but it all tasted amazing.
The staff were all super friendly and funny, it has a great atmosphere and the food is great. We will be going back next time we are in the city.