“Worth the trip and wait!”
Review of Cafe Habana

Cafe Habana
Ranked #113 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nolita
Description: It was also in the movie - Friends with Benefits...Phone number on receipt is 212-625-2001
Reviewed December 8, 2013

A friend who visited New York a couple of months ago suggested I check it out for the corn. After getting directions from the hotel concierge, who was surprised I knew about the spot, I took the longish taxi ride from mid town to Soho, and I'm glad that I did! As expected, there was a wait, but if you are there for a full meal as opposed to just the corn, you will have some priority. As I was alone, I was seated at the bar after a short wait. Everyone orders the corn, and I also went with the Cuban sandwich plus the margarita. Everything was excellent and the lady behind the bar was rather helpful. A couple from out of town sitting next to me said that they always make it a point to return when in New York. I will no doubt be back!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Habana

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had dinner here on a friend's recommendation. It's not fine dining but does not pretend to be. The wait staff were friendly & attentive and the food was very good. I had to try 'NYC's best Cuban Sandwich' and was not disappointed. The salad of apple and spinach was light and refreshing.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

In a tiny restaurant, a luncheonette really, you will be surprised by the cafe con leche and the huevos rancheros, or for the more health conscious, the granola with ripe, fresh fruit. Our meal was served by lovely, friendly local servers, and the place was filled with local residents. There is something so alive about the Lower East Side, or Nolita as it's called now. And between shopping in eccentric and interesting stores, here's a great place to have a snack without spending too much money.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My brother was raving about this place (because he worked in NYC like 20 years back). Without an address and just based on his memory (he forgot the name of the place so we couldn't google it) we were roaming the streets of NY for 30 mins looking for this place and finally found it on the corner between Prince and Elizabeth street . The was a short queue when we got there (there is always a queue so go early for brunch or during off peak meal times) …ordered the corn and wham!

I got so hooked on the corn - its super delicious ! Grilled and topped with mayo, cheese and paprika - you got to try it to believe how good a corn can taste ! An order is two corns for two persons. The sandwiches were really good as well . Prices were very reasonable and we went back there again for dinner a couple of days later. Dinner was just as good and of course we ordered the corn again !!!

The cafe is quite small and if you are too impatient to wait for a table , go right next door and order the take out.

Don't take my word for it - TRY IT !

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The food was great and flavorful, and it's very affordable. Definitely get the corn. It's a small place and it gets crowded easily, but the atmosphere is fun and the servers are very kind and helpful. I would definitely recommend it for a night out with friends or with your partner.