“Good Restaurant - just of Bdway”
Review of Maria Pia

Maria Pia
Reserve with OpenTable
Maria Pia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #485 of 14,285 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 9th Avenue
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My friends and I went to Maria Pia last night for dinner before our Bdway show.

Its a nice restaurant, just off of Bdway (51st - 8th n 9th ave.).
Very nice atmosphere, the food was very good and the wait staff was very attentive.
We were able to enjoy our dinner without being rushed.
You could actually have a conversation without "yelling" across the table.
They also have a prix fix menu ($25.95) that is worth a look.

Overall, a very good experience and we would go back again.
Enjoy !!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were in the city for just one day on july 20, 2013. Besides seeing Wicked (excellent BTW!), we didn't have any plans. We stumbled across this restaurant after leaving the Gershwin Theater. We were eating pretty early (a little before 5 pm) so no wait and service was quick. The food was very good (even the bread), and the portions were not so gargantuan that you wouldn't have room for dessert, if desired. Pricing was reasonable also. Side Note: We were in the middle of a heat wave so the AC was greatly appreciated!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant and found it relatively empty. But it turns out that we were just earlier than their regular dinner crowd. This meal, including the wine, was probably one of the very best italian meals I've ever had. I had the Insalate Della Casa for my salad and the Rigatoni with pink vodka sauce. Absolutely delicious all around and would definitely return. The staff were attentive and helpful as well.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

In the theater district - very good Italian food, nice atmosphere (outdoor space in back is our favorite). Been here at least three times over the past two years - family has had everything from salad, pasta, fish and veal - always good. We will be back.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were staying at the Washington Jefferson hotel across the street and had planned to try this hotel since it was so close. My husband and I went there for dinner before seeing Chicago. We were kinda hungry, but not starving. I ordered the shrimp and scallops and my husband had the lobster ravioli. Both entrees were excellent and a reasonable portion size. Not to much and not to little. The prices were reasonable and the service was pretty good. Would definitely recommend to anyone about this place and would come back again.