“If you have to take a lunch - it’s OK to go there, but if you have special occasion or romantic dinner this restaurant d”
Review of Rino Trattoria - CLOSED

Description: The Best Italian Restaurant In New York
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed May 20, 2013

1. The restaurant is so small; tables are too close to each other. The passing waiters were pushing my chair all the time. I have to move and give other people to go to their table.
2.I was very frustrated that when I gave waiter a credit card to pay my bill, he told me they do not accept credit cards except America Express. I did not have America Express card or enough cash (I had visa and master cards, I had some but not much). I felt stupid and humiliated. They were supposed to tell this when I made reservation or at list at the beginning of our dinner.

1 Thank ogorod

Oregon, United States
“Very Attentive staff”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Since there are so many restaurants in NYC, I will look for a Groupon when we visit the city. Found one for this little restaurant. Like most NYC restaurants the tables are somewhat close but you have enough room to get between them. My husband had the tortellini Bolognese and I had the flounder frances. We both loved our meals. The portion size was large. The flavors were great. One of the people at the table next to us had the veal parmigiana and I heard him say a couple times how good it was. We were given a choice of cheesecake, chocolate cake and tiramisu. I picked the tiramisu and it was wonderful. I would recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Vickie W
Ingleside
“Worth giving a try”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

found a groupon for this place so we decided to give it a try. had the mussels and mushroom apps. were great,very tasty. main meal was a veal dish and I had the flounder. the veggies and potatoes were out of this world, the fish was good but better when we put lemon on it. the veal he felt was over cooked but not that bad where you couldn't eat it. it is a small cozy place, that is right on broadway. The thing I didn't like at all was the fact they have it posted you can use a credit card, but when coming to pay the difference they wouldn't take it, telling me that the amount has to be over 25.00, which it would have been with the tip but still wouldn't accept it. not very customer friendly, who really carries cash with them. otherwise I would visit again, would have to think twice though, if I didn't have a groupon. that is because prices not because of food.

Seattle, Washington
“All in all, solid, good Italian food and worth trying!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We initially ordered from Rino Trattoria via Seamlessweb, and boy am I glad I didn't read the reviews first!

We had a great dinner from here and have ordered from Rino's repeatedly - I can't speak to the in-restaurant experience, but our takeout orders have been great: wonderful, delicious, and definitely worth ordering from again and again.

Here's our standard order: Minestrone Di Verdure (fresh vegetables simmered in Italian style chicken broth), Mozzarella Alla Caprese (home made fresh mozzarella and slices vine ripened tomato with basil and olive oil), Gnocchi Al Pesto (home made potato dumpling in fresh basil, chopped garlic, pine nuts and extra virgin olive oil), Pollo Piccata Limone (pan seared chicken breast in lemon butter sauce) and Tiramisu. The minestrone is flavorful. Sometimes the tomatoes on the caprese are not totally ripe, but overall it's a nice dish and the mozzarella and basil are wonderful. The gnocchi and pollo are both terrific, and heck, it takes a lot to make a bad tiramisu.

All in all, solid, good Italian food and worth trying! We love them for takeout.

• Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good Italian in Midtown”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This small place in the theater district serves up some tasty Italian fare. The pizza bianca is delicious as are the pastas. There is a good wine selection and fast, friendly service. Seating large groups did not seem to be a problem. One warning: they do not refill sodas for free. Wish we had known that before we paid twenty bucks for cokes.