“Great food & service but too expensive”
Review of Rino Trattoria - CLOSED

Rino Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: The Best Italian Restaurant In New York
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a GroupOn certificated and went to Rino. The ambiance is that of a very nice pizzeria. The food and service were excellent. However, the full retail prices of the food, without a coupon, were excessive by far. Simple dishes were $18-$23 which in better restaurants with finer decor and service, might be a few dollars less. We both had salmon and chicken dishes and fully enjoyed them. We noticed that the two tables adjacent to us also had GroupOn coupons and we suspect that this place is a well-visited place by lots of tourists, especially since it is in a tourist/show area. For a quick expensive dinner, I would recommend it, but certainly not for a dining experience.

There are newer reviews for Rino Trattoria

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Forget about the food - they double charged my credit card - once for the amount of the meal, and then for additional $500. I realized this only when I got my monthly credit card charges.
Now I have to run after the credit card company and cancel that.

If you really want to know about the food - it was ok, overly priced ($20+ for a simple ravioli) and the waiters were impatient.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Our motel had this restaurant on a list of favourites as recommended by other travellers. We were not disappointed. They prepared a Caprese salad for me even though it was not on the menu. The linguine with clams in white sauce was the best I've ever eaten and I've eaten quite a few. My wife's veal marsala was also amazing. 11/10.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food here was really very good. The food was good -- probably better than the service. When we were there, the restaurant wasn't all that busy, yet the wait staff really wasn't all that attentive to the customers that were there. Having said that, what we ordered was tasty -- and the prices weren't out of line.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My 13 year old daughter and I ate at Rino October 2012. What can I say? A short walk from Times Square. We ate the Pre Fix Lunch Menu. We had many choices and the portions were generous. I added two glasses of the house red to wash down the lovely pasta and veal. The dessert was Tiramisu and was just the right balance of sweet and fluffy. I recommend this place to my NY friend and tourist alike.