“Dirty talking, foul mouthed owner - great service though!”
Review of Rino Trattoria - CLOSED

Rino Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: The Best Italian Restaurant In New York
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here the other day and right away I should have known it would be an interesting lunch. The place was empty save for a couple of the owners buddies sitting with him at a table in the middle of the place. They chatted loudly for a couple minutes then left. The owner then started telling his staff how drunk he is and that he's been drinking for a day straight. He was swearing and having a loud one man party. Then he made a phone call to some woman he apparently used to date who lives in California or something and he was dirty talking her, saying he was going to pull her hair and kiss her etc and then yelling at her for breaking up with him. I felt like I was eavesdropping on one of those late night phone call services but nope...just having lunch. My bf and I just laughed. It was more shocking and entertaining than offensive but I felt so bad for his staff! The food was great, the service was fantastic, quick and friendly. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend because the owner is ATROCIOUS.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Well what a lovely restaurant this is on 8th ave (near jct with 52nd st). We stumbled across this place whilst wandering about and boy were we glad we did. The staff could not have been more attentive even making us up a starter that wasn't even on the menu. The food is gorgeous and brilliant value. We liked it so much we went back the following night. Menu caters for all tastes don't miss this restaurant if you are in midtown.

1  Thank bee1965
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we had tickets for frankie vallie concert and went to this restruant for the first time food was good and altough there was a line our reservation was honored

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Located on 8th Ave. near 52nd St, this is a good restaurant for pre-theater dining. Although it is small and the tables are close together, the food is very good. For our first course my husband and I shared a crisp, fresh mixed salad. Since pasta does not come with the meat and fish entrees (mixed veggies instead), we opted to share a veal french and a fettuccine primavera. The homemade pasta in a garlic and oil sauce with crunchy vegetables was freshly made and especially delicious. All food items are reasonably priced and a prixe fixe menu is available. Although the staff was very busy, they were courteous and friendly. We enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We just happened by and made reservation for that evening. In early October the front is open to the street and very pleasant. Food was outstanding and reasonably priced. Service was pleasant and got us on our way to the show we were to attend.